Oppenheimer

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
And the cycle continues. One experiment, one standard.

Gladwell presented a take about the bomb in his last book that I never knew. Basically we had already napalmed Japan into oblivion before the A bombs.

Love any info on a new Nolan flick. I wouldn't call Tenet a misfire, but it wasn't my favorite of his to be sure. Nolan is a dual citizen of USA and England...think he grew up in both. Did Dunkirk for England about WWII, maybe this is his attempted at the American version ha. Or maybe he found a substitute for his Howard Hughes project. (which I still hope he pursues, said it's the best thing he ever wrote, didn't go after it because it was the same time as Scorsese's Aviator)

Heard Cillian Murphy would play Oppenheimer. That would be cool. But I always like seeing Nolan work with fresh talent. Since Oppenheimer has German roots how about Micheal Fessbender? He even kinda looks like him from picture. Who knows love to see where this goes.

Also this meme is great. Dont know how to take it from instagram so here is the link
https://www.instagram.com/p/CT4egdFMgXW/
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	safe_image.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	81434  

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Heard Cillian Murphy would play Oppenheimer. That would be cool. But I always like seeing Nolan work with fresh talent. Since Oppenheimer has German roots how about Micheal Fessbender? He even kinda looks like him from picture. Who knows love to see where this goes.
Early front runner for me

OK, so this is a Nolan film, so the question is... ...how will he make this confusing?

Christ. I read an article its going be an ensemble and what has been announced is just the tip of the iceberg. Not sure who else he can get. I was not expecting Damon and especially RDJ but I am here for it.

Did a little research. Seems to be at least 2 or 3 more major roles. One of them is Jean Tatlock who had a romance with Oppenheimer and died when she was 30. I have had a feeling and think I read a rumor Jennifer Lawrence was attached to Nolan awhile back. Feel like she is going be cast. Just a feeling. Can't wait to see who else gets cast. Looking epic.

Hmm. Interesting hopefully. I've read several long books on this and it's quite a story, a nexus of science, war, politics, Nazis, Japanese, Soviets and the next war. A long movie or a mini-series or possibly a maxi-series seems appropriate.

Got really excited for a second when I opened thread and seen WWII.. thought Nolan might be going big what he done at the beginning of Dunkirk.. those too short scenes before it goes to the beach and becomes something different,.his Saving Private Ryan if you will. I felt that was him experimenting with it. Oh well, this will be interesting too but shucks. Maybe one day, big Nolan uncomplicated war movie.

Got really excited for a second when I opened thread and seen WWII.. thought Nolan might be going big what he done at the beginning of Dunkirk.. those too short scenes before it goes to the beach and becomes something different,.his Saving Private Ryan if you will. I felt that was him experimenting with it. Oh well, this will be interesting too but shucks. Maybe one day, big Nolan uncomplicated war movie.
I am hoping, probably hopelessly, that he attacks a Western one day. Probably not up his alley but a guy can hope.