Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City

Tools    

First trailer was released a couple months ago... style over substance.
Early trailer though so the CGI looks a little hokey:

Second trailer was released a few hours ago.
Looks better, and they went with substance rather than style.

Looks better than the PWSA version at least

If it s paul ws anderson at the helm,i.might watch it

Welcome to the human race...
Turns out it's not, which definitely makes me question how good it's likely to be.

Oh dear...

28% on RT
2/5 on Empire
3/5 on IMDb

Reviews calling it hollow, shallow, no character development, little to no acting talent involved, and a plot that doesn't exist.
A frantic pace that's hard to keep track of, dropping plot points then forgetting them quickly before moving onto more and more forgetful dialogue and isn't scary or atmospheric.
Apparently though the aesthetic is all that it has. It looks like the game/s. But that's it.

Oh dear...

28% on RT
2/5 on Empire
3/5 on IMDb

Reviews calling it hollow, shallow, no character development, little to no acting talent involved, and a plot that doesn't exist.
A frantic pace that's hard to keep track of, dropping plot points then forgetting them quickly before moving onto more and more forgetful dialogue and isn't scary or atmospheric.
Apparently though the aesthetic is all that it has. It looks like the game/s. But that's it.
ofcourse they give it low ratings. they should stick to the original

Sat through this yesterday - another forgettable entry in another forgettable franchise.

Like so many movies nowadays this holds all the hallmarks of a project that began life as a very different movie, but is now all square pegs in round holes - reshaped, turned and twisted, refitted to make it fit the scope of an existing franchise/brandname. Meh.

A system of cells interlinked
The Critical Drinker, a guy I kinda trust...

"It makes Milla Jovovich look competent"
I like the Drinker! Funny fellow...

Meanwhile, I recently finished a play through of Resident Evil 2 Remake. Really well done remake. I have just done the Claire run so far - will run through again with Leon eventually.