NIGHTMARE ALLEY - 12/17/21

Tools    

This has the makings of a great neo-noir presumably set in the late 1940s, directed by G. del Toro, and photographed by the veteran Dan Laustsen.

It's got a dream cast of heavyweight actors: Bradley Cooper, Cate Blanchett, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins, Rooney Mara, Ron Perlman, and David Strathairn.

What gives me pause is that del Toro stated that the movie could be rated "big R. Double R!", which means that it should probably be rated NC-17. So some of us will likely have to bring along some Pepto-Bismol tablets...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightm...ley_(2021_film)

Professional horse shoe straightener
I really enjoyed the original (think I watched it for a MOFO HOF!), and although the cast looks pretty great, it will have some way to go to match the previous version I think.

I really enjoyed the original (think I watched it for a MOFO HOF!), and although the cast looks pretty great, it will have some way to go to match the previous version I think.
You did watch it in a HOF, the 13th and it was my nomination. I love that movie.

I might bother watching the new remake, then again I might not.

Professional horse shoe straightener
You did watch it in a HOF, the 13th and it was my nomination. I love that movie.

I might bother watching the new remake, then again I might not.
A classy nomination. It has stayed with me. Thanks.

I agree with you. The original was one of Tyrone Powers' best performances, and the first rate cinematography was by Lee Garmes (Scarface, The Paradine Case).

I suspect that del Toro will emphasize different parts of the book, and will be relatively unrecognizable from the '47 film version.