Rhys' Fabulous Viewing Diary of Fabulousness

→ in
Tools    

I'll update some more soonish. I still have things to do. If I don't do it today, I should be ok to do it tomorrow.

I miss you watching movies daily. There is just not enough Rhys on the forum anymore.

14th February 2015

Lady and the Tramp (1955, Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson, Hamilton Luske) - CINEMA - 8/10 - 1st Watch

A fantastic film and I really enjoyed watching this at the cinema with my girlfriend on Valentines.

15th February 2015

Shaun the Sheep Movie (2015,Mark Burton, Richard Starzak) - CINEMA - 7/10 - 1st Watch

As expected thIs film was pretty decent. Solid animation and really enjoyble.

&

The Graduate (1967,
Mike Nichols) - 9/10 - 3rd Watch

My second watch this year already. An absolute treat of a film.

17th February 2015

Dantes Inferno (1911, Francesco Bertolini, Adolfo Padovan, Giuseppe de Liguro) - CINEMA - 7/10 - 1st Watch

An interesting early film that was shown as part of my "History of Cinema" module at university.

&

Stand by Me (1986,
Rob Reiner) - 10/10 - 6th Watch?

One of my favorite films of all time. Great music, great acting and casting, It also has a fantastic (no matter now simple) story. A Timeless classic.

18th February 2015

Rashomon (1950, Akira Kurosawa) - CINEMA - 8/10 - 2nd Watch

An interesting (and fairly clever) film. It has quite a complex narrative structure and is one that can be the subject of very deep narrative analysis. It is one of the film shown as part of my "Film Narrative" module.

&

Carrie
(2013,
Kimberly Peirce) - 4/10 - 1st Watch

There is a fair bit wrong with this remake and although the acting from the lead actress
Chloë Grace Moretz, is actually fairly decent she definitely does not LOOK like a Carrie. Julianne Moore plays her role well too but other than this and the "more realistic" gore this is pretty awful really. It spoon feeds it's audience wiith obvious information and just isn't very good.

I'm behind on updates again guys. Sorry. I will try get this done as soon as I can. I have been really busy.

19th February 2015

Collateral (2004, Michael Mann) - CINEMA - 6.5/10 - 1st Watch

This is an enjoyable (but not quite brilliant) action film with a really silly, fairly pretentious ending.

20th February 2015

Evil Dead (2013, Fede Alvarez) - 3.5/10 - 1st Watch

This shouldn't have been made.

&

The Evil Dead (1981, Sam Raimi) - 8/10 - 2nd Watch

The original is much better than the remake. A very enjoyable horror film.

Sorry that I haven't been posting. I'll do the brief update here and try keep it in check for the future.

24th February -
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Robert Wiene - 1920 - 8/10? (Needs a rewatch as I was tired when watching) - CINEMA

25th February -
Letter From an Unknown Woman - Max Ophüls - 1948 - 8/10 - Fantastic acting! - CINEMA

26th February -
Bubba Ho-Tep - Don Coscarelli - 2002 - 6.5/10 - CINEMA
&
My Name is Bruce -
Bruce Campbell - 2007 - 6.5/10 - CINEMA

27th February -
Brave -
Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman, Steve Purcell - 2012 - 6.5/10

3rd March -
The General -
Clyde Bruckman, Buster Keaton - REWATCH - 1926 - 9/10 - CINEMA - I enjoyed this a lot more on this second watch.
&
Boyhood -
Richard Linklater - REWATCH - 2014 - 10/10 CINEMA - An absolute treat.

4th March 2015

(1963, Federico Fellini) - CINEMA - ?/10 - 1st Watch

I wish I could rate this but I do not understand it enough to rate yet. Hopefully on future watches I will learn to understand this film. I did enjoy it though!

Ok, from now on (to make things a little bit easier for myself and to make for better "fuller" reviews in the near future) I will just list films I have seen on here (I may make a little comment) but review a selection of the films I see on my reviews thread. You guys will hopefully also be seeing more of me.

5th March - Demolition Man [1] (Marco Brambilla, 1993) - 6/10
7th March - Big Hero 6 [1] (Don Hall & Chris Williams, 2014) - 7.5/10
10th March - Grease [1] (Randal Kleiser, 1978) - 7/10

Note:
the number in bold indicates the number of times I have watched the film.