"She-Devil" (1989)

→ in
Tools    

Movie Forums Extra
This unusual film explores the story of an average housewife who discovers that her wayward husband is engaged in a steamy extra-marital love affair with a seductive temptress, prompting her to create an elaborate revenge plot.

"She-Devil" (1989) is fun and smart and is relevant for the modern age's exploration of media-nursing community panic management stories such as the unforgettable Buttafuoco-Fisher adultery murder scandal.

"Desperate Housewives" (TV) and "Devious Maids" (TV) are modern shows that present stories that explore similar vertigo themes.

One of my favorite movies when I was a kid. I've got it on DVD. Not too crazy about it anymore, but I remember the movie extremely well.

The film was horrible, but the mini-series I remember being very good.
Let me guess -- you hate Roseanne.

I saw SHE-DEVIL for the first time about a year ago and was quite pleasantly surprised. I didn't remember a lot of positive press about the film upon its release so I really wasn't expecting to like it, but I did but not for the reason I thought. Roseanne was the "It" girl in Hollywood at the time this movie was made and I went in thinking she would own this movie, but I was wrong...once again, the magical Meryl Streep commanded the screen in a performance that made the rest of the film worth sitting through. Streep's work alone made this movie worth watching. The only thing I about the movie I found a little hard to swallow was Ed Begley Jr. as a man that Meryl Streep and Roseanne would fight over. I mean, the guy is no Brad Pitt and his character is kind of a slimeball, but if you can look past that, the film is watchable.