The MoFo Millenium Top 100 Countdown

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I think I know who had Hedwig really high. Although I think I pefer Short Bus. Hedwig is a nice little musical about a guy who wants to be a woman and gets an operation, which is butchered and he's left with an inch of....angriness, if you know what I mean.

John Cameron Mitchell, the director plays Hedwig, the lead role and for some reason the look reminds me a lot of Juliette Lewis.

Mitchell's best film is Rabbit Hole and despite that (and these two for that matter) not making my list, I do hope to see it on here.

This is one of my favourites songs in the film, the other being Wig in a Box.

Suspect's Reviews

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Wow Hedwig and Black Dynamite? Honeykid will be pleased! I absolutely adored Hedwig when I watched it a while back. Gave it a 4.5 rating but almost immediately felt it could/should have been higher. Didn't want to put it on my list on the strength of just one viewing though, but could definitely have seen it making it in the future.

Not seen Black Dynamite yet but I do have the DVD after blind buying it cheap a while back, might watch that tonight actually.

I hadn't heard of Hedwig either until someone reviewed it a couple of months back, JayDee I think it was. It looks pretty good.
Yep, twas I! My Hedwig and the Angry Inch review

Black Dynamite might be the first film I've seen on this list that I actually really liked.

Must check out Hedwig as well.
That's actually positive, seeing as there's been 4 films so far... 25 % is pretty good. 33 % if we leave out Hedwig which you haven't watched yet...

What? Hedwig and Black Dynamite? You guys suck.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I think I had Hedwig on my list.

Shortbus - it's been years since I saw it - but I thought it SUCKED. Not even the hardcore gay sex scenes saved it for me.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Not really heard of either of those. That's good though because I will look out for them and watch at some point due to the MOFO seal of approval.

Nice to see 2 mainstream movies followed by 2 little known cult type movies.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Holy crap, only two films in and already we've had a bit of a problem and arguement! I now wish I'd put it at no.1 on my list so it would be higher up and annoy people more!

I really am quite surprised about how surprised people are! People are voting for their favourite films of the century and given it's one of the most popular superhero films out there it seemed like a sure bet it would appear. The list can't all be black and white Polish dramas about abortion, and four hour documentaries about sex trafficking! Let us have some fun!
LOL!

I reckon the top 10 will have at least 3 black and white Polish drama's about abortion.

I saw Hedwig in a movie theater back in 2001. Didn't like it the first time I saw it.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I love Hedwig. Wasn't on my list, but glad to see it made it. I haven't seen Black Dynamite, but since it made the list I'll go ahead and watch it. Actually, I think I'm going to wait until the list is completed then watch all the movies I haven't seen.

....so maybe you'll like Shortbus the second time you see it.
Why did you like it so much? I must say I'm surprised for some reason that you did.

I wanna see the rest of the list. Don't be slow as Christmas. You've got a lot more numbers to do.

I wanna see the rest of the list. Don't be slow as Christmas. You've got a lot more numbers to do.
I don't know I think it's pretty effective

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Not even the hardcore gay sex scenes saved it for me.
For some reason I just about choked laughing at this!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Black Dynamite is probably one of the ten funniest films I've seen since 2000.
Ok well now i have to see it. When i saw the trailer for it originally, i thought it was a mashup of Undercover Brother and Im gonna get you Sucka.