The MoFo Millenium Top 100 Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Iron Man is as good as The Dark Knight and Spider-man 2. I consider it and the other two films I mentioned as the standard for superhero films.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I loved Iron Man in the theaters, and still love it just as much now. I can't remember for certain but I think i had it pegged somewhere between #15-18

What? Iron Man and Bourne? You guys suck.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Iron Man basically coasts on Robert Downey Jr's performance, without him it never would have made it onto this list or any other.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Iron Man is fun, but Top 100 of the Millennium? I wouldn't think so. Surprised to see it on the list.

Bourne Identity not too surprised, it was a good mystery action thriller, that had enough people interested to have two sequels and a spin-off. Plus, Damon as Bourne is bad-ass. I watched all three Bourne films for the first time back to back. So the original was the 'freshest' to me. Plus, I liked the mystery elements that the other two films seemed to put aside for more action.

Suspect's Reviews

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'd be more interested in seeing the individual lists.
I intend to post mine after the top 100.

My favorite part of Bourne is Franka Potente. I liked almost everything else better about the second movie, but I was sad they killed her character. Other than that I think Identity is good. Not on my list but that's true of a hundred other good movies as well.

You guys remember this is just for movies 2000 and later, right? Don't let the word "Millenium" throw ya': that's 100 movies in less than 12 years. That means that, on average, any movie on this list only needs to be one of the best 8-9 for that given year.

It doesn't seem like it would be that shocking that people would think Iron Man was something like the ninth best movie of 2008.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Except we were putting our top 25 or so, so people think Iron Man is in their top 25 since 2000. That to me is shocking, not that it was probably one of the best of that year. Like I mentioned before, it's fun fluff, at least to me and nothing more.

Except we were putting our top 25 or so, so people think Iron Man is in their top 25 since 2000. That to me is shocking, not that it was probably one of the best of that year. Like I mentioned before, it's fun fluff, at least to me and nothing more.
Maybe some people don't really bother to see many films outside of the mainstream blockbuster types. On the flip side there are members of the forum who will see virtually every film of note, from all over the world, every year, virtually watching new movies daily. So their top 25 lists are going to contain some obscure foreign films that few members will have seen or heard of. I like to think of myself as somewhere right in the middle of those 2 examples

Out of 41 people maybe only 3 or 4 had Iron Man on their list and it has only scraped onto the list at no.100 by the skin of it's teeth so don't be too upset.

Besides Iron Man is one of the better superhero movies out there, I certainly enjoyed it, although it's not to be taken too seriously.

Ah yes, that's right. My bad. But I thought it was 25 minimum? Not sure how many people listed more, or if I'm just imagining that.

Anyway, even then it'd be like top 2-3. I'd have to go back and look at 2008, but I think I'd probably have it in my top 5 that year.

I think we are all eagerly anticipating the next couple Brod.

How about a day and a half between posts.

If I lied and said I had a terminal illness, and only a month to live would that help.

Ah yes, that's right. My bad. But I thought it was 25 minimum? Not sure how many people listed more, or if I'm just imagining that.

Anyway, even then it'd be like top 2-3. I'd have to go back and look at 2008, but I think I'd probably have it in my top 5 that year.
I'm fairly sure it was just 25 unless I'm mistaken. 25 points for 1st, down to 1 point for 25th fav film.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Holy crap, only two films in and already we've had a bit of a problem and arguement! I now wish I'd put it at no.1 on my list so it would be higher up and annoy people more!

I really am quite surprised about how surprised people are! People are voting for their favourite films of the century and given it's one of the most popular superhero films out there it seemed like a sure bet it would appear. The list can't all be black and white Polish dramas about abortion, and four hour documentaries about sex trafficking! Let us have some fun!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
That film is in colour and it's Romanian!
I wasn't specifically referencing 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days. Was just looking for a couple of OTT references of the kind of art house stuff that some people think is the only worthwhile cinema out there.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Bourne Idenity and Iron Man are fantastic movies. Iron Man is one of the best super hero movies made. Idk if Bourne Identity deserves to be on the list. But is a good movie.
Bourne identity deserves to be on the list. If it didn't, it wouldn't have appeared on mofo's lists.

I know that sorta goes without saying maybe, but i thought i'd say it anyway.

For the record, Bourne Identity was 25th on my list, while Iron Man rang in @ 17th, and was the only film featuring men in silly suits skeps.