Review:The Wolverine

→ in
Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Hi guys,there are some minor spoilers here.
Logan is back,or not.Hugh Jackman, well i think this was his best X-Men/Wolverine acting,so far,Logans regenerations powers are gone,well that is one way to go,it is nice to see Logan who needs to watch out,and it is nice to see him adjusting to that.There is a lot of Japanese and at some moments i was like is this American or Japanese movie?It is not a bad thing but i just wanted to say...There is less action in this movie,but when action happens you will be like "Logan is back!",but those moments are not long.Wolverine is at his lowest in this one,he saw so much death and destruction and you can see that in him in this movie,so as i said his regeneration powers are gone and he can die,he can have family and die as old man,but well you know that it wont be like that .Fight on the train is AWESOME!,fight with ninjas sucks,so yea,there is some romantic moments,epic moments,and i didnt want to talk about this but i will,i hate bone claws,i know that they are in comics ,but for me it is stupid.Watch the credits guys,there is something for you,and it is awesome.Movie is slow i wont lie,but because of that ,when action comes it will be good,for all of you action guys,there are some really cool fights,for all of you story guys ,story is good,movie is really balanced,i felt like im watching movie for days,and i think this movie should be Logans healing,because we all remember Originis...Movie was fun,fights were cool,story is okay,there are some bad things.

Verdict---7.8

9/10

I just loved The Wolverine. I thought it was very well written and the impressive cast really delivered. Hugh Jackman finally gets a full film to bring the character to the next level. It's been delivered in flashes before but this entire movie is the Wolverine that I wanted to see. Mangold should be commended for giving the film a subdued yet intense flavor.They delivered an intelligent plot that featured the fantastic grounded in a believable reality. One of the difficulties with the character is placing him in situations where he is in true danger. That wasn’t an issue here as they managed to intelligently do this on numerous occasions in a smart fashion. I was very impressed with the many great moments and fine character arcs in this one. The action is dark, perfectly suiting the character and the PG-13 rating was pushed right to the edge if not beyond it.

I can't wait to see the extended cut/director's cut version.

I really wanted to like this movie but its the point where the Wolverine character used up his remaining good will for me.

The first half of the film is intriguing but it went off the rails so quickly into its 2nd and 3rd act. Can anyone please tell me why the bad guys plot was the easiest way to get the thing that he wanted? (its so intricate and daft, even for comic books).

Plus the neutered violence, insistence on the Jean Grey love sub-plot (never convinced) and The Vipers weird dubbed voice just kept bothering me.