Movie Forums Top 100 of the Aughts (the 00s) - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

How do I submit my form if I don’t have a computer?

It says since this feature is in beta, I need a computer
Let's wait to see until @Yoda checks it out, but don't post the list here.

No biggie, I can probably borrow one from someone, I’ll figure it out
Yeah, currently not working on mobile, and frankly a lot of work and testing to get that done. It's also just a very tedious thing for you to do on mobile anyway, so I would strongly advise using a desktop even if it were possible to do either.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Here’s looking at you, kid.
Yeah, currently not working on mobile, and frankly a lot of work and testing to get that done. It's also just a very tedious thing for you to do on mobile anyway, so I would strongly advise using a desktop even if it were possible to do either.

All good, I’ll figure it out.

How you do any of this is beyond me, all is impressive though, especially your list section. How if you save a movie on one list, it carries over to all others as well

No biggie, I can probably borrow one from someone, I’ll figure it out
You still have two months, so I'm sure you can figure out something before the deadline. If after that time, you haven't been able to do so, then send me a DM and we'll see what we can do.

Could a mobile user send their voting ballot to Thief the old fashion way as a numbered list 1-25? Does that still work or does the ballot have to be sent by the new ballot submission tool?

*I have a desktop so I'm asking for other people just to be helpful

Could a mobile user send their voting ballot to Thief the old fashion way as a numbered list 1-25? Does that still work or does the ballot have to be sent by the new ballot submission tool?

*I have a desktop so I'm asking for other people just to be helpful
I think it's better for people to use the ballot tool since it does the work of totaling the amounts and a bunch of other things, so doing it the old fashioned way sorta defeats the purpose of having it. However, like I told @BooBooKittyFock, if all options are wasted, then something else can be agreed. But again, you all have two months to make the arrangements necessary. I'm sure most of you can get access to a computer at work, school, etc. before the deadline. We'll cross any other rivers when we get there.

How you do any of this is beyond me, all is impressive though, especially your list section. How if you save a movie on one list, it carries over to all others as well
Thanks! That took awhile. Mostly because I built the system one (relatively simple) way, then had to expand it over time.

Yeah, definitely use the ballot tool on desktop first. If it's absolutely necessary, I'll say yes, you'll probably be able to just PM me your ballot and I can find a way to enter it for you. But please only as a last resort.

I think it's better for people to use the ballot tool since it does the work of totaling the amounts and a bunch of other things, so doing it the old fashioned way sorta defeats the purpose of having it. However, like I told @BooBooKittyFock, if all options are wasted, then something else can be agreed. But again, you all have two months to make the arrangements necessary. I'm sure most of you can get access to a computer at work, school, etc. before the deadline. We'll cross any other rivers when we get there.
I of course will use the ballot tool, I did last time...I liked it.

Question, just for my own curiosity:

I've thought about hosting another countdown, one of these days, just maybe. So, I'm curious how the ballot tool works on your end for the host? Does it automatically put the info into a spreadsheet for you? Or does it arrive in your PM box looking like a numbered list?

Question, just for my own curiosity:

I've thought about hosting another countdown, one of these days, just maybe. So, I'm curious how the ballot tool works on your end for the host? Does it automatically put the info into a spreadsheet for you? Or does it arrive in your PM box looking like a numbered list?

EDIT: Seriously, though, there's a combination of those that should make it easy for you to do it. You know this is my first time and so far, I think the only "heavy requirement" is to make time to promote the countdown and, when it starts, to post the entries... and even that shouldn't consume too much time.

Submitted, at first, I wanted to wait for Dune before submitting since I have high expectations but I decided to submit what I have now because I see that if Dune is really good other people will submit it (it is not like it can become an obscure favorite movie of mine).

edit: I now noticed it only includes films form 2000-2009, need to change my ballot ASAP

Here’s looking at you, kid.
Submitted, at first, I wanted to wait for Dune before submitting since I have high expectations but I decided to submit what I have now because I see that if Dune is really good other people will submit it (it is not like it can become an obscure favorite movie of mine).
Dune? But this list is 2000-2009, I’m confused

EDIT: Seriously, though, there's a combination of those that should make it easy for you to do it. You know this is my first time and so far, I think the only "heavy requirement" is to make time to promote the countdown and, when it starts, to post the entries... and even that shouldn't consume too much time.
Nah, promotion is easy, spreadsheets are hard! I don't know how to use a spreadsheet and I didn't when I hosted the 1930s Top 100 countdown. So if using a spreadsheet is now a requirement (I'm still not clear on that aspect)? I might have to pass on future hosting of a countdown.

edit: I now noticed it only includes films form 2000-2009, need to change my ballot ASAP
Let me know if you have any issues re-submitting your ballot. @Yoda, should there be any issue? Do you have to clear something on your side?