Food Tab

Tools    

For dinner I made shrimp penne in a vodka sauce, asparagus, garlic bread, and a cranberry spinach salad with a Picpoul de Pinet.

Mmm had cheese toastie from Costa mm red sauce mm lovely

I dunno, I just searched MoFo for "food" and this came up.

I'm having this.

Belgian Endives au Gratin...

#GoldenShovelNomination

Never heard of this before -Belgian Endives - looks delightful
@cat_sidhe

I'm also very glad you revived this thread, b/c I have something important to say that is food related . if you didn't reboot this topic, I would have had to start a whole new thread - just to make this brief public service announcement ( which may be of no interest to anyone else but me and a certain faction of produce growers) :

As of now I will no longer eat anything that is an avocado or an avocado-related product. I used to like avocados - really I did. I had perfected the dance of how long to leave them on the counter til they were just perfectly ripe- not too hard, not dotted with black internal spots. I would slice them into my salad or just enjoy them with some slender slithers of smoked Gouda cheese. Or even cheddar. And perhaps a tomato.

A highlight of my dining on the run routine was to go to one of those high end hoohah wood planked places where they sell you a wrap for the price you would otherwise spend on a complete steak dinner- and buy myself an avocado wrap. This wrap usually had an esoteric form of lettuce , pine nuts and some special sauce that I never could replicate at home. Then I'd have my wrap at an open air concert and was happy as a vegan on a field of kale.

Or guacamole - I used to enjoy that with a side of corn chips.

Well I don't know exactly what happened, but I realized tonight that I no longer like avocados. In fact, I can't stand them. I bought my last bin of guacamole and realized I couldn't finish a spoonful of this green goo even if it was slathered on previously mentioned filet mignon streak. I threw out every avocado I bought in the last month. I kept thinking that one or another of them was spoiled, with the dank, soapy taste of mildew. Then I realized that was what an avocado tastes like. Can't abide these nasty little clods of vegetation any longer.

And by the way, what the heck is an avocado anyway? Is it a fruit? Is it a vegetable ? Maybe it's one of those weird subcategories of life, like how we used to think certain micro organisms were animals, then plants, and then the scientists devised a whole new category because they didn't really fit in anywhere.

Well I can't wait round for the avocado society to make up its mind. I've already made up mine. And I don't like avocados anymore. ( Can't imagine why I ever did)

Those who feel the need to defend this sliimy green organism, please don 't try to convince me otherwise . ( and hey , maybe they're not from this planet at all. Maybe they've landed from outer space and are just biding their time to take over, like in Invasion of the Body Snatchers) -

My minds made up. No more avocados for ne. And for those who still have any sort of predilection for this strange little chunk of flora - you can all have my share.

Enjoy them @cat_sidhe! As a conservation oriented person, I feel glad to know someone will adopt and enjoy all of my abandoned avocados, which would otherwise be unclaimed landfill. Better for the planet - and your palate.

I will however continue to keep my own fair share of potatoes, which, like you, I enjoy in every shape, size and style.

In fact, tonight I had a platter that boasted a generous mound of thick delicious mashed potatoes. Sitting next to something I truly relished and enjoyed:

A lovely, juicy, thick STEAK !

Yum.

Nothing yet today. Will probably have frozen pizza for dinner.

Nothing but herbal tea today.

Don't think I'll be eating dinner either, making this the most useless contribution to this thread since its inception.

*takes a bow*

lol - lenslady applauds - @cat_sidhe. Well I hope you've had a bite of something to eat since then.

And adding to the useless contribution cache: I have not and will still not be eating anything that is an avocado or is any sort of avocado related product.

lol - lenslady applauds - @cat_sidhe. Well I hope you've had a bite of something to eat since then.
Very little. Currently in a cycle of not needing it. Or rather, feeling like I don't need it.

Turns out the Japanese have fruit sandwiches as a special treat. How delightful!

They’re made with a special kind of soft bread & the filler is a blend of whipped cream & yogurt.

I would surely love these.

Movie Forums Extra
the last thing i had was clam chowder soup, very creamy, very delicious.