Very Underground Arabian Nights Cartoon

Tools    

I had a VHS with a bunch of movies based on classic books. Movies included were Paramount's 1930's Gulliver's Travels and the 1988 Peter Pan. The last movie was an Arabian Nights one I can't find anywhere. It was either called "Arabian Nights" or "Arabian Fantasy." The animation was very 1940's to 50's. The sky was like always orange, and the main character was a little boy. There was a genie but I don't think it was an Aladdin movie. It was around 50 minutes in length. If anyone can find this movie, please let me know.

New deelopment: I remembthe ending fight scene. The main character was a boy who I believe had a pet bird. A genie helped him fight a nasty looking old man who wore black clothes. The old man surroundes the kid in a prison, but the genie makes him plat as a pancake so he can escape. The old man tries fire next, but the genie pours water all over him.

Then the boy has a whip for some reason, lashes it on the old man now wrapped up, and the whip sets itself on fire. A pit of fire surrounds the old man as he sinks in.

If for some reason I remember anything else, I'll let you know.

I doubt this is it either, but one of the cartoons series shown on the "Banana Splits" show was called "The Arabian Knights".

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Absolute shot in the dark, but this does have a connection to that dvd you posted....... it's all on Wikipedia, so who knows.

La Rosa di Bagdad (English: The Rose of Baghdad) is a 1949

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ros..._di_Bagdad.jpg

In 1952, the film was dubbed into English, retitled The Singing Princess and starring Julie Andrews in her first and only film role and also the first and only venture into voice-over work in the 1950s. The film was reissued in 1967, at the height of Andrews' subsequent Hollywood career. The film went unreleased on VHS until the mid-1980s and on DVD until 2005.

Absolute shot in the dark, but this does have a connection to that dvd you posted....... it's all on Wikipedia, so who knows.

La Rosa di Bagdad (English: The Rose of Baghdad) is a 1949

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ros..._di_Bagdad.jpg

In 1952, the film was dubbed into English, retitled The Singing Princess and starring Julie Andrews in her first and only film role and also the first and only venture into voice-over work in the 1950s. The film was reissued in 1967, at the height of Andrews' subsequent Hollywood career. The film went unreleased on VHS until the mid-1980s and on DVD until 2005.
THAT'S IT. Thank you, that's the one!

How did you know it had connections to my VHS? I didn't see anything in the link. Ans the reason I couldn't find it was because the VHS had a different title card: "Arabian Fantasy." And if I had known that Julie Andrews was in the movie I probably wouldn't have had this problem. I read that her early career included singing in this but I wasn't even interested in it enough to click on it...

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I looked up the Banana Splits thing and brought that up on Wiki, then went to Arabian Nights from that page, than checked out the history or Arabian Nights in pop culture and came across this one........
So glad I could help and finally end the search

And well it only took a year........ lol

So if I hadn't brought up the Banana Splits, we would never have found this!

Never underestimate the power of the Banana Splits!