Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Tools    

I'm gonna go through a Robin Hood binge, and I'd like to ask for help pointing out mistakes in Costner's Prince of Thieves. When I first saw it a year or two ago, I loved it. But I'm a better critic now and I'll watch some other Robin Hood movies before I re-0evaluate this. That won't take long.

P.S.: Don't for the love of all that is sane mention Costner's accent.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I didn't like it, mostly cause I felt it was just told too generically, and had unintentional laughs, in moments, which I think were intended to be more serious.

When you say mistakes, do you mean historical inaccuracies?

The best Robin Hood movie for me is Robin and Marian (1976), so don't skip that one .

When you say mistakes, do you mean historical inaccuracies?

The best Robin Hood movie for me is Robin and Marian (1976), so don't skip that one .

Yeah, anachronisms. And I might check that one out. It wasn't on my to-do list but I might squeeze it in.

One anachronism in movies that have bows & arrows... is having someone shout "Fire!", and everyone with a bow & arrow fires upon the enemy.
The term "fire" comes from the use of guns and firearms, that use gunpowder bullets... invented in 1826.

In days of bows & arrows, the commander would have shouted "Release!".

Every single historical movie gets this wrong, including Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves.

In days of bows & arrows, the commander would have shouted "Release!".

Every single historical movie gets this wrong, including Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves.

I think you'll be happy to find Ridley Scott's Robin Hood doesn't make that mistake!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Yeah, anachronisms. And I might check that one out. It wasn't on my to-do list but I might squeeze it in.
You should definitely try cause it's not only the best Robin Hood movie in my opinion, it's a great movie in general .