2018 NFL PickEm League

Tools    

No idea if this is trash talk/boasting, i'm a rookie lay off.
Take no notice of crick, just 'cos the ball and his head have the same number of hairs on 'em doesn't automatically make him an expert on the game

(It does naturally make him know far more than I though)

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Yea it's good for people to watch other teams sometimes so they appreciate what they've got in New England.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I don't want to watch NE any, because I don't want to see TB 12 and the career ending injury. Seriously.

Would be hilarious if Brady went to sh*t this year and Garoppolo came out as one of the best QB's in the league.
I think Garoppolo will be good but not great. The league will have had ample opportunity to adjust to him by now and I think he's going to turn it over at a fairly high rate.

As far as Brady, it'll just be a matter of maintaining arm strength since he doesn't rely on athleticism at all.

I think Garoppolo will be good but not great. The league will have had ample opportunity to adjust to him by now and I think he's going to turn it over at a fairly high rate.

As far as Brady, it'll just be a matter of maintaining arm strength since he doesn't rely on athleticism at all.
He can only have 2-3 Seasons left at this point though, right? But yeah i was mostly joking the last two seasons haven't given any indication that he's declining and a big part of his role is intellect related which will only get better as he ages.

He can only have 2-3 Seasons left at this point though, right? But yeah i was mostly joking the last two seasons haven't given any indication that he's declining and a big part of his role is intellect related which will only get better as he ages.
Supposesdly he wants to play until he's 45. Who knows?

They certainly don't seem to be in a rush to find his successor.
That's exactly what i was wondering, does that suggest Belichick retires with Brady? I think when a QB hits 40 that's when you should start thinking about the next one even if they've got a few years left. It seems risky i mean Peyton declined very quickly it seems going from that MVP Season where he helped them to the Super Bowl to one of the worst QB's in the league within a couple of Seasons. I understand that was at least partially neck injury related, but like DD insinuated Brady's got to be at risk of a bad injury at his age possibly from one bad tackle. But yeah if he's playing another say three seasons they could get one for next season or the one after and have Brady mentor him before retiring.

Everything is so hush hush within the organization that nobody really knows, but there's nothing to suggest a correlation between Belichick's and Brady's retirement. I understand when people say Brady is at risk of injury due to his age and also his lean stature, but he's so much less likely to take that crippling hit than other players. He's also proven to be ridiculously tough. He missed the one year with a knee injury but besides that, I can't even remember him getting shaken up even on seemingly devastating hits.

If he does stick around it's gonna be weird seeing him without Brady, the Season Brady was out they still finished 11-5 though so i wouldn't doubt him. Same as seeing Popovich Post-Duncan (and now Kawhi), i feel like he's somehow gonna find a way to get the Spurs back into contention within five years if he sticks around.

If he does stick around it's gonna be weird seeing him without Brady, the Season Brady was out they still finished 11-5 though so i wouldn't doubt him. Same as seeing Popovich Post-Duncan (and now Kawhi), i feel like he's somehow gonna find a way to get the Spurs back into contention within five years if he sticks around.
I guess it'll depend on the situation. That year they went 11-5 they had the best roster they ever had, a QB who would be a pro bowler 2 years later in KC, and they still dropped 5 games off the previous season and weren't close to a championship threat. Great coaching can be hard to quantify because you need players who are true difference makers to contend. I certainly wouldn't want to lose Belichick but he's getting up there in age. So is Pop.

I guess it'll depend on the situation. That year they went 11-5 they had the best roster they ever had, a QB who would be a pro bowler 2 years later in KC, and they still dropped 5 games off the previous season and weren't close to a championship threat.
Did they lose a lot between the 2008 and 2009 Seasons? Because with Brady back they went 10-6. The Season before the 16-0 one they only went 12-4 too. Just curious, i know he's a major difference maker and fact is Belichick can come up with the schemes and tactics but if there's not someone there like Brady who can carry them out so consistently then they're largely useless.

Did they lose a lot between the 2008 and 2009 Seasons? Because with Brady back they went 10-6. The Season before the 16-0 one they only went 12-4 too. Just curious, i know he's a major difference maker and fact is Belichick can come up with the schemes and tactics but if there's not someone there like Brady who can carry them out so consistently then they're largely useless.
Yep they lost a ton and then they really struggled with a subpar roster until about the last 5 years. Even when they got to the Super Bowl in 2010 they weren't a really good team.

Hahahaha, just checked the odds on my picks ...... looks like I'm hoping for a few upsets