Movie Tab II

Tools    

The Entertainer:
This was one of those movies that are good, But drags at points. This movie tells the tale of a vaudville star that is long past his glory and all he has left is the women and the booze.Sounds great,right. On the surface perhaps.

The movie is very enjoyable,But there are just quite a few points where the fast foward button doesn't seem like a bad idea.Just stick with it though because it does get better.

Lawrence Olivier is great here in his portrayal as Archie Rice. His deliver on Vaudeville comedy is spot on and he plays the role convincingly. The one thing that stands out in the whole film is his performance. Especially during the scene where the crowd is gone and he delivers a great monolouge.

Overall,an enjoyable slow pace movie. It could have moved a little bit faster,But the film was fine and worth a watch for Olivier's performance.

Operation Petticoat, another Cary Grant film. This time with Tony Curtis and a pink submarine. Had some pretty funny moments but overall it wasn't great.

Now this was interesting...

Never heard of it, my Dad brought it home awhile back and it was pretty good. I really liked the way it ended.

Welcome to the human race...
You & Your Stupid Mate (unfinished)

Do not ever. Watch. This movie.
I don't think anyone outside Australia would anyway.

Ugetsu Monogatari - Kenji Mizoguchi

Sigh, I don't even know what to say. I think it's fair to say I'm generally not fond of older films, so it takes a masterpiece 20 years ahead of its time to impress me...this one ain't it. Plus, I hate films with a "moral".

I am half agony, half hope.
North By Northwest

Awesome. Great screenplay and camera work. I still get tense every time I watch it.

"You're police, aren't you? Or is it FBI?"
"FBI, CIA, ONI... we're all in the same alphabet soup."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The unknown (1927) - only watched the first half an hour but wanted to know if anyone else saw this lon chaney/tod browning horror?
Oh yes, I've seen it. It's very bizarre and actually reminded me of Santa Sangre. I'm not sure that I actually like it, but it's a trip and should be watched. Browning and Chaney certainly shared a twisted sensibility. (They made 10 silent films together.)

Thank goodness for Playstation is all I can say
here. These really cheap DVD's tend to not like to play on all three of my other players but as of today there has been only one disc that refused to load up on my Playstation 2. Best. System. Ever.

So, Cult Horror Collection eh? You're saying to yourself: "Here come some real humdingers..." You are correct! These aren't *campy* films so I can't give these *campy* ratings. These are however rather bad films, so do I bother giving these real ratings... I think not. I think this little fella right here will fit the bill nicely. So 5 of those little guys means its an especially good 'un ya dig?

Don't Look In The Basement (1973)

Memorial Day Massacre (1988)

It Happened At Nightmare Inn (1970)

I'll be watching these all weekend so keep it tuned right here folks!