3.) Drive
4.) The Ghost Writer
5.) The Town
6.) Killing Them Softly
7.) Looper
8.) Cabin in the Woods
9.) Lawless
10.) Inception

the only movie since 2010 that i've really liked a lot..

the King's Speech

although to be fair, i haven't been intrigued enough by many of the movies released in this time period to watch them yet

1. The Town
2. Killer Joe
3. Kill List
4. Django Unchained
5. Bellflower
6. Argo
7. Flight
8. Kill the Irishman
9. The Killer Inside Me
10. X-Men: Origins
11. Deadfall
12. Silver Linings Playbook
13. Horrible Bosses
14. Conviction
15. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
16. Repo Men
17. Hangover 2
18. Safe House
19. Chronicle
20. The American
21. Hot Tub Time Machine
22. Machete
23. The Social Network
24. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
25. Crazy Stupid Love
26. Love Ranch
27. Drive Angry
28. Black Swan
29. The Crazies
30. Hobo with a Shotgun

1.The Master
2.Dark Knight Rises
3.Drive
4.Siver Linings Playbook
5.The Social Network
6,The Descendants
7.Shutter Island
8.Winter's Bone
9.True Grit
10.The Perks of Being a Wallflower

So far, since 2010 I have watched one masterpiece and a set of good movies, out of the 200 movies from the last 3 years I have watched my favorites are:

Good movies:

We Need to Talk About Kevin (Lynne Ramsay)

Very, very hardcore stuff here.

Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn)

Whoa, one of the best action movies ever made, without a doubt.

The Fighter (David O. Russell)

Sports and drugs. Batman shows that he can act too in this movie.

The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson)

PTA's art movie. While I actually liked Magnolia and There Will Be Blood more, those were conventional films, this film distills PTA's style of directing and transforms it into a whole movie, truly a film tailor made for his fans.

Shutter Island (Martin Scorsese)

One of Martin Scorsese's best movies, in my opinion. Way superior to that mediocre Hugo.

Take Shelter (Jeff Nichols)

One of those Indie masterpieces that few people talk about.

The Black Swan (Darren Aronofsky)

One of the best psychological thrillers of recent memory.

Detachment (Tony Kaye)

From the same director of American History X we got another movie about the urban problems afflicting modern US. Very good movie overall.

The Garden of Words (Makoto Shinkai)

The one above is a animated art movie of 46 minutes, it has the best visuals ever done in an animation, I think, it's the equivalent to The Tree of Life translated into impressionistic watercolor painting.

Children Who Chase Lost Voices (Makoto Shinkai)

This one is pretty much a homage to Miyazaki, so it feels exactly like one of his movies. This fitting my tastes like a glove.

Django Unchained (Tarantino)

Very entertaining Tarantino work.

Inception (Christopher Nolan)

Even though I think Nolan is slightly overrated, this movie was much better than his other ones, though it was a copy of a Satoshi Kon movie.

Wolf Children (Mamoru Hosoda)

Mamoru Hosoda's adult anime movie, a pretty much My Neighbor Totoro meets Only Yesterday. Very much like a GHIBLI movie, hence, a great movie.

The Illusionist (Sylvain Chomet)

My favorite Chomet movie, a very poignant animated film, one of the best animated films I ever watched.

Chronicle (Josh Trank)

A Indie superhero movie. All round excellent, one of the best movies about teenagers ever made.

The King's Speech (Tom Hooper)

One of the best biographical movies around and one of the few movies that deserved to take the Oscar. It's quite formulaic in execution, but it is very competent in it: it takes a beaten formula and rejuvenated it by executing it almost perfectly.

The Skin I Live In (Almodovar)

Well, I don't love Almodovar's movies that much, but a few of them are really notable, and given that I am comparing with only the stuff made recently, I guess this one is one of the best.

Winter's Bone (Debra Granik)

All around excellent movie about the social decay among the white poor in the American midwest (?).

And, we have:

The Masterpiece of the last 3 and half years:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (it was an anime TV series edited into a movie duology, they cut only a few minutes from the series so it's the same thing, the writer, who is the auteur, is named Gen Urobuchi), now I liked it even more than There Will Be Blood and, maybe, Spirited Away (f*ck yeah), and more than any TV series I ever watched.
+
This is very, very, very, very dark complex hardcore cerebral stuff. The emotional intensity is off the charts as well. It's emotional power leaves Tokyo Story, Grave of the Fireflies, Schindler's List, Ugetsu Monogatari and Bicycle Thieves eating dust. Seriously.

My dozen so far!

1. The Artist (Stand out movie of this decade by a country mile).
2. King's Speech.
3. Inception.
4. The Descendants.
5. Toy Story 3
6. The Dark Knight Rises.
7. Shutter Island.
8. Midnight in Paris.
9. The Master.
10. The Black Swan
11. Argo.
12. The Social Network.

Foreign films i have to think to hard! So did not bother putting them in here. Will take time and think about it in a different set of rankings.

Still missing most of what I want to see: Argo, The Master, Lincoln, Life of Pi, Silver Linings Playbook etc.
Ended up seeing all of these. Really liked:

Silver Linings Playbook

Life of Pi

The Master
+

Plus:

Django Unchained

Looper
-
Zero Dark Thirty

Wreck-It Ralph

and I still haven't caught Holy Motors.

Lincoln was too boring. I mean sleepy boring.

I am not sure what is so special about Silver Linings Playbook, its just another movie to me. Movies like those get released every now and then, still clueless as to how it got the best picture nomination. If that is so good, Sweet November should have received a nomination too!

Last year's Oscar list to me was the most terrible i can think of in a long time. Most of them were average movies at best.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
1. Looper
2. Django Unchained
3. Boy Wonder
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. The Amazing Spider-Man
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt.2
7. The Avengers
8. Toy Story 3
9. Source Code
10. Dredd