The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

It's an old joke/tech thing where you insert a code into the post and it displays the username of the person reading it, different for everyone.
oh yea that thing, i remember you telling me about that

I imagine there was an overnight flood of votes for Paul Blart

"The history of Movie Forums at the tail end of 2020 is hard to piece together. All we know is that a shocking inclusion in its latest community-generated list resulted in an event we know only as The Purge, and few records remain from that time."

@Yoda - the deadline for lists end yet? I thought the deadline was Dec 1st? or unless until dec 1st ends?

Welcome to the human race...
It is a little unusual that this site's been around for like 20 years now but I can't really think of a unique "joke" movie that I distinctly associate with the place. Paul Blart isn't a precise enough answer, it needs to be something genuinely random but sensible. No idea what that could be, though.

Sort of, or just like a "mascot" movie, something that goes beyond being an in-joke and ends up representing the spirit of the place. It gets called Movieforums.com's favourite movie even though it's not a favourite of any one user. Maybe it's bad, maybe it's good, maybe it's forgettable and generic, but it takes on a life of its own because of the community.

Sort of, or just like a "mascot" movie, something that goes beyond being an in-joke and ends up representing the spirit of the place. It gets called Movieforums.com's favourite movie even though it's not a favourite of any one user. Maybe it's bad, maybe it's good, maybe it's forgettable and generic, but it takes on a life of its own because of the community.
I think the closest thing we have is the meme that everyone asking for help finding a movie is thinking about Frailty.

Frailty would be a solid candidate for what I'm talking about, actually. Maybe a little bit on the dark side, but still.

@Yoda - Changing my mind on not submitting a list and will be submitting a list soon, I have 1 through 10 ranked, but not 11 - 25 which are my close favorites, is that fine because It's sorta hard to get the rest ranked