How would you describe this character type?

Tools    

At the time, neither Vickers nor the others knew that the guy was "turning evil".
All she knew was he was sick.
Her rationale was he cannot reboard the ship, because of the risk of some kind of communicable infection.
If you remember also, she has her own secret, private medical bay, and gets highly irritated that not only has Elizabeth seen it, she was also pressing buttons on it.
Her reason for burning Charlie, was more than likely for her own survival.
I think she says something along the lines of "I cannot allow a sick man on my ship" even though it's neither her ship, nor is she actually in charge of anything.

Delacourt didn't know about Max's illness either. All she cared about was retrieving the info from Max's brain.
Her role, is simply the safety and security of Elysium... and showing face at parties with the rich and famous.
Regardless of the orders from higher in the chain of command, she will kill people.
After she opened fire on those ships, her superiors call her and question her... and her reaction is to belittle them and treat them like they have no understanding of what job they've actually tasked her with... and she explains in simple terms "You hired me to do this. Do you want me to do my job or not?" kinda thing.
Not her exact words, but words to that extent.
Like, you hired me to ensure security... I am simply doing that. If you don't like it, then you're obviously too dumb to know how to run this establishment.
She talks down to her superiors... and takes her actions to the extreme, and uses the job at hand as the excuse for her extreme actions.
Her retrieval of the info in Max's head is also, secretly, going to allow her to overthrow her superiors, and give her total control of Elysium.
Killing Max... overthrows her superiors. And she was prepared, without any remorse, to do it.
Just like opening fire on civilians. She ordered it with no remorse.

But yeah... the OP you asked for a description on what kinda of characters they are.

Apathetic
Psychopathic
Sociopathic

My posts are just me explaining why I call them that

At the time, neither Vickers nor the others knew that the guy was "turning evil".
All she knew was he was sick.
Her rationale was he cannot reboard the ship, because of the risk of some kind of communicable infection.
If you remember also, she has her own secret, private medical bay, and gets highly irritated that not only has Elizabeth seen it, she was also pressing buttons on it.
Her reason for burning Charlie, was more than likely for her own survival.
I think she says something along the lines of "I cannot allow a sick man on my ship" even though it's neither her ship, nor is she actually in charge of anything.

Delacourt didn't know about Max's illness either. All she cared about was retrieving the info from Max's brain.
Her role, is simply the safety and security of Elysium... and showing face at parties with the rich and famous.
Regardless of the orders from higher in the chain of command, she will kill people.
After she opened fire on those ships, her superiors call her and question her... and her reaction is to belittle them and treat them like they have no understanding of what job they've actually tasked her with... and she explains in simple terms "You hired me to do this. Do you want me to do my job or not?" kinda thing.
Not her exact words, but words to that extent.
Like, you hired me to ensure security... I am simply doing that. If you don't like it, then you're obviously too dumb to know how to run this establishment.
She talks down to her superiors... and takes her actions to the extreme, and uses the job at hand as the excuse for her extreme actions.
Her retrieval of the info in Max's head is also, secretly, going to allow her to overthrow her superiors, and give her total control of Elysium.
Killing Max... overthrows her superiors. And she was prepared, without any remorse, to do it.
Just like opening fire on civilians. She ordered it with no remorse.
Well she is in charge of the mission and the ship is owned by her father who is on the cusp of dying. She was right that it was a communicable infection/parasite and Charlie said that he wanted her to burn him before she did it.

People kill people all the time. I don't understand by that in and of itself is bad? I would regard the reasoning of such an act to be important in determining its morality. Regardless of what you think of her tactics in the end she was proven right although I'm not sure the script writers intended for that to be the case.

Movies, TV shows, books etc tend to get Psychopaths and Sociopaths wrong though.

Hannibal Lector isn't a psychopath. He's psychotic.
Patrick Bateman isn't a psychopath.
Norman Bates isn't a psychopath.
Slasher movie killers like Scream, Halloween etc... aren't psychopaths.
They're psychotic/s.

There's a misunderstanding between Psychopathic and Psychotic.
A Psychotic is someone who has lost sight of reality. They imagine things that aren't real. Imagine things that haven't happened.
Lose control of their emotions, lash out, and even kill with little or no control over their actions.
Hallucinations, and think they've heard or seen something that is belittling them, threatening them, or will become a threat in future, causing them to take extreme actions against the innocent... and they don't seem to realise they've either done anything wrong, or even realise they've even done anything at all.
---
Psychopaths and/or Sociopaths:
Cold hearted, disregarding of the people around them, uppity, logical. But highly clearly minded. They have purpose and reason behind their actions... but they have delusions of grandeur.
They take extreme actions, even to the detriment of others, for personal gain, safety, or personal wealth.
Ignore superiors and even treat superiors like they're beneath them.
Vickers and Delacourt, and the examples I posted, are clearly Psychopaths and/or Sociopaths.

Movies, TV shows, books etc tend to get Psychopaths and Sociopaths wrong though.

They're psychotic/s.

A Psychotic is someone who has lost sight of reality. They imagine things that aren't real. Imagine things that haven't happened.
Lose control of their emotions, lash out, and even kill with little or no control over their actions.
Hallucinations, and think they've heard or seen something that is belittling them, threatening them, or will become a threat in future, causing them to take extreme actions against the innocent... and they don't seem to realise they've either done anything wrong, or even realise they've even done anything at all.
---
Cold hearted, disregarding of the people around them, uppity, logical. But highly clearly minded. They have purpose and reason behind their actions... but they have delusions of grandeur.
They take extreme actions, even to the detriment of others, for personal gain, safety, or personal wealth.
Vickers and Delacourt, and the examples I posted, are clearly Psychopaths and/or Sociopaths.
Vickers caution about contamination was proven to be correct so was Delacourt's apprehension about allowing non citizens into Elysium. Although the script writers portray their characters as "uncaring" very rarely are they actually wrong.

Vickers caution about contamination was proven to be correct so was Delacourt's apprehension about allowing non citizens into Elysium. Although the script writers portray their characters as "uncaring" very rarely are they actually wrong.
Ah but the reasoning behind their actions, and the outcome of their actions may well be correct... it's the way in which their actions are carried out that are a cause for concern.

To murder the innocent, endanger others, belittle superiors... to have no remorse if someone is killed or injured... just to save their own butts, or enhance their own career.
Vickers and Delacourt fit perfectly.

"Apathetic" is probably the common term movie writers would use tbh, as like I said, the term "Psychopath" tends to be misunderstood and applied to the wrong type of character.

Like, many writers would say "Michael Myers... goes around murdering at random... targeting family... for no reason other than jump-scares. He's a scary psychopath."
He's not though.
A psychopath is quiet and unassuming, and their actions, even violence and murder, have logical reasons behind them.

Just thought of a similar character you were after...

Claire in Jurassic World.
She's cold, concentrates only on the job... her nephews may as well not exist when they arrive... calls the animals "assets" and gets annoyed when people don't follow her orders immediately.

She goes through an arc though and becomes more altruistic as the movie goes on.

I'm schizoid psychotic with traces of obsessive compulsive characteristics and history of alcohol abuse. My sense of reality has been shattered. I have no more life goals. Having said that, your views were interesting to read, Rodent. However I don't think that's necessarily the case. I live in permanent skepticism.

Psychotic people are more likely to kill themselves than to kill other people.

They're psychotic/s.

---
Psychopaths can be psychotic, yo.

I'm schizoid psychotic with traces of obsessive compulsive characteristics and history of alcohol abuse. My sense of reality has been shattered. I have no more life goals. Having said that, your views were interesting to read, Rodent. However I don't think that's necessarily the case. I live in permanent skepticism.

Psychotic people are more likely to kill themselves than to kill other people.
I've been through similar bud. Went through the hallucinations stage at one point as well.
One of my closest friends is a psychologist too. A lot of what I understand about psychology comes from her and my own experiences.

Psychopaths can be psychotic, yo.
Those are called non-functioning psychopaths
My points on the thread about characters like Vickers and Delacourt are for functioning psychopaths and functioning sociopaths.

If functioning, they can hold steady jobs, become successful.
You'll find almost every self-made millionaire and billionaire, is a psychopath.
Stepping on others, with no regard to them at all, in the name of personal gain and growth, is a trait of every self-made rich person out there.