Beale's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
My pleasure. I've seen Harold Lloyd's Safety Last, and I do prefer it to The Circus. I'll have to check out more of each though!

Good Review, I haven't seen the Circus yet but now I will look for it the next time I rent a movie!

What a pleasant surprise, Beale!

I love Chaplin. I would recommend that you check out Gold Rush next, then Modern Times, The Tramp, and The Great Dictator.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Thanks! I'll be sure to check those out!

For some reason I've always wanted to see Limelight, so I'll catch that one too. I guess it depends on what my local store carries....

limelight's an okay movie. not really a comedy though. even the rare slapstick bits are in a different tradition than the comedy vein chaplin mined in silent era greats like the goldrush [sorry for the pun]. as a keaton fan, i also found his scene a little dissapointing.

i've seen a bit from chaplin, lloyd, keaton, linder, langdon and some others and keaton is definitely the pick o the litter for me. i strongly recomend steamboat bill, jr. or sherlock, jr. if you h'aint seen em yet, bob. for chaplin my faves are probably modern times and city lights, not necesarilly in that order.

the circus is another great one, nice review but i think i'd like to see you delve more deeply into the head-explodingly amazing, multilayered cinematic masterpiece that is riki-oh, heheheh...

Originally Posted by linespalsy
limelight's an okay movie. not really a comedy though.

a nice review but i think i'd like to see you delve more deeply into the head-explodingly amazing, multilayered cinematic masterpiece that is riki-oh, heheheh...
I'm not expecting a comedy from Limelight, really. I'm wanting a potent drama, and, as far as I can tell from the bits I've seen, I may get one. We'll see...

And I'd love to do a Riki-Oh review. I'll try to pop one off in the next couple of days.

Lets put a smile on that block
Hey Beale, whats the deal? Where ya been? What ya seen?

Some brilliant reviews here Beale, especially The Virgin Suicides, been wanting to see this for ages and now youve made it go to the top of my list. I think me and you share the same taste in films, i, like you, love Coppola (junior) now after her Lost in Translation so am really looking forward to seeing this. Youve also made me mega intrigued about Swimming Pool. Saw a trailer for this the other day and thought about renting it. Sounds great, love Hitchcock inspired films...

Good Job!

I am with Blobby, oh sorry, Blibby, where are you I have finally finished all your reviews, so I am hooked, when is your next coming.

Have you seen Malcolm McDowell in O' LUCKY MAN or IF? I would love you review them.

I saw THE SWIMMING POOL a few months ago, while I was watching it I had to stop it and go off and do something, when I got back I had to keep going back as it didn't seem to make sense, or as you would said "did it" an interesting movie

waiting , waiting, waiting, where is your new one.