Doris Day (1922-2019)

Tools    

Sad to hear, but glad to know the lady had a good long run at life. I actually knew her more for her music than her films. As often is, her life had more complexity and chaos than her sunny image. But her voice was as pure and easy as a mountain stream .

Que Sera Sera R.I.P. Doris

The truth is in here
It was so sad to hear about this Especially after we've already lost Peggy Lipton.

Here's a wonderful clip of her where she and her Teacher's Pet co-star Clark Gable host the Oscars:

I'm trying to remain composed here...I won't lie, I LOVED me some Doris Day...never got tired of Pillow Talk, The Pajama Game, Lover Come Back, and Love Me or Leave Me. In honor of her, I am posting a song that was written especially for her for the film version of The Pajama Game but cut before the release called "The Man Who Invented Love." RIP, Doris.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a huge fan of Doris Day. Love her movies and it's because she was so down to earth and easily accessible that it's super easy to like her. I'm so glad movies live on and on...
Doris Day one of a kind!

Ok, I'm sad now

Requiescat in pace Doris.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a huge fan of Doris Day.
Fairly sure I’ve never seen her movies.

she was even mentioned in a Beatles song (full name)
McCartney paid her a very nice tribute, which I read on Twitter.

Which song?

It was so sad to hear about this Especially after we've already lost Peggy Lipton.

Here's a wonderful clip of her where she and her Teacher's Pet co-star Clark Gable host the Oscars:
Very nice clip, Mattias. That's the way the Oscar show always used to be: just appreciation, good-natured jokes, and awards. No radical politics or causes.

When I was growing up most all women strived to be like Doris Day: charming, appealing, and classy. They broke the mold when she retired. What a wonderful woman.

~Doc

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
she was even mentioned in a Beatles song (full name)
McCartney paid her a very nice tribute, which I read on Twitter.

Which song?
"Dig It"