US President Trump announces death of ISIS leader Baghdadi

Tools    

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50200339

So is it being considered anything comparable to killing of Osama when Obama was President ? Is it producing the same euphoria in the USA ? My guess is that it is not .

Pakistanis are joking on facebook that he gets killed every now and then by USA .

I myself was surprised to hear that he was again dead . I thought Baghdadi was killed long ago .

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
That makes up the top headlines on both CNN and FOX News so it's not being hidden or anything. I think more people here knew Bin Laden's name than Baghdadi though so I'm not sure the story will have the legs to last as long. Depends on which portion of the U.S. you ask, too, is my guess.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I think the focus here should be on the death of a very bad man. This is not a popularity contest.
I didn't mean it as popularity contest or to take away the seriousness Of the news. It was a reply to the OP's question if this would have the same euphoric effect as Osama's death.

Killing one CIA paid mercenary.
I'm guessing this is just another glib comment without any specific knowledge or understanding behind it. Just a sort of "I've heard the CIA was involved in other stuff decades ago so I'm just going to toss the idea out there without looking into it" thing, right?

I found Washington Post's description of him as an 'Austere Religious Scholar' instead of a terrorist scum or a monster quite interesting.
words like scum are used on forums , not newspapers .

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Sure, but "Austere Religious Scholar" is absurd. They changed it after and it's already become a huge thing/meme on Twitter. Rightfully so.
This webpage still calls him an austere religious scholar, in the obituary.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...outputType=amp

Ah. I dunno if I have a problem with it as part of a full obituary, but the idea that he's that in a headline, before the egregious stuff, is journalistic malpractice. I guess I'm glad they corrected it, but it's incredible it went up at all.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Amazing that so many rushed to join the "Caliphate" like it's the 15th century, but its not, its 2019 and we have thousands of pilots in places like Vegas logging in for a drone shift ready to reduce their cities to rubble before logging out and home to the wife and a beer.

Sure you can grab a few headlines with brutal executions and a few terror attacks (that are way more insignificant than say road traffic accident statistics) but what are you going to achieve with AK47's running and gunning round the desert?

All thats happened today is an idiot at the head of an organisation full of idiots has died, and looks like the bastard took 3 kids with him. Great productive life mate GG.

I found Washington Post's description of him as an 'Austere Religious Scholar' instead of a terrorist scum or a monster quite interesting.
words like scum are used on forums , not newspapers .
I was being a wee bit sarcastic.

Though, I am glad by the response of the general public.
This is not the first time I have seen a media company bending over backwards to not utter the dreaded 'terrorist' word while speaking about terrorists.

I mean here we had media describing scum like Burhan Wani a headmaster's son, Osama as devout family man and the NYT describing Pulwama attack as a random explosion - and most of them refusing to change their words.

Anyways, pretty certain another clown is waiting in the wings to stake claim as the new head.

you mean he was created by CIA ?
No, I mean he was paid by the CIA to do what he did. He was also probably trained, they normally use NATO for that, then they just supply them with guns, they create an anarchy state, destroying governmental institutions, the government can't work and they take over, classic. Now we have an orange coward on television saying how coward he was, please mr. president, wrap some explosives around your waist and click the button. It's easy, right? It's a great way to die, is it not? But we can now agree that his dead the same way we can agree Bin Laden is dead, because they told us, right? Dropped in the ocean, right? These two names are and always have been what they say they were. And I don't believe in "they", never will, period.

No, I mean he was paid by the CIA to do what he did. He was also probably trained, they normally use NATO for that, then they just supply them with guns, they create an anarchy state, destroying governmental institutions, the government can't work and they take over, classic. Now we have an orange coward on television saying how coward he was, please mr. president, wrap some explosives around your waist and click the button. It's easy, right? It's a great way to die, is it not? But we can now agree that his dead the same way we can agree Bin Laden is dead, because they told us, right? Dropped in the ocean, right? These two names are and always have been what they say they were. And I don't believe in "they", never will, period.
Ahem:

I'm guessing this is just another glib comment without any specific knowledge or understanding behind it. Just a sort of "I've heard the CIA was involved in other stuff decades ago so I'm just going to toss the idea out there without looking into it" thing, right?

You ready? You look ready.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I was actually shocked by Trump's language and that whole speech. Just when I thought I couldn't be shocked anymore he goes and finds a new way to up his ante.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza