🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I love this, and I love what he said about his final words in Star Trek: Generations. I'd read an interview with him years ago where the interviewer was the one who brought it up that as he breathed his last with "Oh, my" he was seeing the "next adventure" and Shatner replied excitedly, "Yes, exactly!" I don't if Shatner had already thought that when the interviewer brought it up or not, but I liked that he basically repeated it in the quote you linked to. As in, the adventure doesn't end for Kirk. I liked that a lot.
Next adventure? What adventure was he expecting after he died? Or maybe I misunderstood something.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Who said this and in which episode?

"It may be the last action you'll ever take, Mister Spock, but it was all human."

McCoy said that in the episode "The Galileo Seven", when Spock ignites the fuel to create a distress signal.

McCoy said that in the episode "The Galileo Seven", when Spock ignites the fuel to create a distress signal.
Correct! It's good to see you post Gbg. You must be a nightowl.

Correct! It's good to see you post Gbg. You must be a nightowl.

Yes, I've always been a night owl. I've just been so busy recently that I haven't had much time to post. (I'm trying to catch up on almost a week's worth of posts here.)

What episode was he in?

Although Rules already guessed it correctly... just by looking at the photo of this guy, I get the feeling he played a Russian enemy agent in a ton of late 60's TV shows!

Next adventure? What adventure was he expecting after he died? Or maybe I misunderstood something.
In my view, Heaven, or whatever afterlife Kirk believed in.

This isn't really a Trek-related post except for a misidentified actor...

But this is mostly for @Citizen Rules because we like to talk about old sci-fi films we've seen. And I always think I've at least heard of them all, but I found one on TCM tonight I never even heard of called "Transatlantic Tunnel" (1935).

I was intrigued by the title which indicates it must be sci-fi since such a thing doesn't yet exist, but from what little I saw of it, the sci-fi elements seem minimal and most of it is drama. Some elements are tele-video screens for communication, computer control rooms and giant earth-digging machines. Some special effects using fire were quite good for the time. Parts seem prophetic to the building of the real-life "Chunnel" (Channel Tunnel) and there are hints of WWII before it started. Since I didn't see the whole think, I can't really rate it, but it seemed to have only a few exciting parts among a lot of slow moving pathos.

I could have sworn one of the actors was a young Ian Wolfe (Mr. Atoz), but according to IMDB, he wasn't in it.

Although Rules already guessed it correctly... just by looking at the photo of this guy, I get the feeling he played a Russian enemy agent in a ton of late 60's TV shows!
Of course he's a Rusky, but he's a retard or something.

In my view, Heaven, or whatever afterlife Kirk believed in.
I thought Kirk was an atheist, but now that I think about it, he makes mention of "The One God" in Who Mourns for Adonais?

Who said this to whom and in what episode?

What? Why did you do that? Why did you bring her here? I'll kill you!
It sounds like a line from The Cloud Minders after Kirk had the woman leader of the miners and the older guy who lived in the clouds both beamed into a cave with Zeninite? I think that's what it was called.

It sounds like a line from The Cloud Minders after Kirk had the woman leader of the miners and the older guy who lived in the clouds both beamed into a cave with Zeninite? I think that's what it was called.
Incorrect. You seem fixated on that particular episode as this is the third time you guessed it. Your favorite episode, I presume?

Incorrect. You seem fixated on that particular episode as this is the third time you guessed it. Your favorite episode, I presume?
Ha, I was going to say the same thing to you, that you keep giving clues from that episode.

Who said this to whom and in what episode?

What? Why did you do that? Why did you bring her here? I'll kill you!

I think Ben Finney said something like that in the episode "Court Martial", but I'm not sure about that. (I think it was near the end of the episode when he found out that Kirk brought his daughter Jamie on the ship, and put her in danger.)

I think Ben Finney said something like that in the episode "Court Martial", but I'm not sure about that. (I think it was near the end of the episode when he found out that Kirk brought his daughter Jamie on the ship, and put her in danger.)
You're absolutely right!

Would you like to post a quote @gbgoodies ?

Okay. Who said this and in what episode?

"There are a million things in this universe you can have, and a million things you can't have. It's no fun facing that, but that's the way things are."