Why did The Killer (1989) copy it's music from Red Heat (1988)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I find the movie difficult to watch cause it copies the music straight from another movie. Unless of course, this is just in the North American release of the movie, and the original release has a different music score? The credits say someone different did it, so is there an original score out there?

I dont know (never seen Red Heat) but its easily one of the best action films period so youd be doing yourself a real diservice not to watch.

Edit. According to imdb the score from Red heat was partially reused in The Killer. I cant give you any reasons as to why though.

Oh I'd say a lot of it was re-used, but I still watched the movie and the action was pretty good. Just a bit jarring to watch with the Red Heaet music overtop.

Oh okay, it's just that re-using music from other movies makes the music less original then though, and makes the movie feel less original as a result, or so I felt.

More people need to watch Red Heat. Criminally underseen Ah-nold film.

I think Red Heat is his most underrated movie besides Junior, and people should see it.

Are these kinds of things homage or rip off? Probably both.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'd need to listen to excerpts from both soundtracks to compare, but stolen music wasn't unheard of in Hong Kong movies.

Also, anytime I think of The Killer, I start humming the theme from A Better Tomorrow. Not quite a better movie, but certainly a better soundtrack.

These are my contributions to this thread.

I'd need to listen to excerpts from both soundtracks to compare, but stolen music wasn't unheard of in Hong Kong movies.

Also, anytime I think of The Killer, I start humming the theme from A Better Tomorrow. Not quite a better movie, but certainly a better soundtrack.
Which is ironic, since that film itself stole some music from Birdy: