unique music of a movie you really like

Tools    

Maybe this movie has been out for a long time, but the music of Harry Potter is still attractive to me, ever since I was a kid, I have always loved to watch Harry Potter movies and repeat. back them. And this music always gives me goosebumps, every time I listen to it it amazes me. That's probably for two reasons: one, it's very nostalgic to me, and two: it's great music. What about you, the music you really like from a movie/movie?

I was bowled over by two film scores that come to mind:

The haunting but lovely and apropos zither playing by Anton Karas in The Third Man (1949).

And the stirring Irish music by The Chieftans in The Grey Fox (1982).

Conan the Barbarian OST (Poledouris) - Conan the Barbarian

Love on a Real Train (Tangerine Dream) - Risky Business

The Night Window (Newman) - 1917

Attack/Danger Them (Horner) - Star Trek II

One Kiss (Tyler) - Darkness Falls

The Duke Arrives (Carpenter) - Escape from New York

Pestilence, Osmund (Henson) - Black Death

Promentory (Jones) - Last of the Mohicans

Too many to mention but here are a few..

Great + nostalgia;

Once Upon a Time in the West 1968
Sorcerer 1977
The Warriors 1979
Flash Gordon 1980
Conan the Barbarian 1982
Miami Vice: Brother’s Keeper 1984
The Terminator 1984
The NeverEnding Story 1984
Rocky IV 1985
Labyrinth 1986
Top Gun 1986
Predator 1987
Bloodsport 1988
Cinema Paradiso 1988

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Toru Takemitsu - Woman in the Dunes

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Some recent ones:

Mica Levi's score from Under the Skin

Britell's Moonlight score (I think Britell might be a genius. His music and cues for the TV show Succession is amazing):

Adam Bzowski's Saint Maude score (his first ever music commission)

And Daniel Norgren's score for 'The Eight Mountains' which is the most beautiful score I've heard in 2023 so far:

The soundtrack to Ravenous (1999). Many found it too weird and/or distracting, but I took to it right away.

My favorite track:

100%

I remember being baffled by the negative reception both the movie and the soundtrack received at the time.

But also not terribly surprised that I was once again correct in championing a movie that everyone else seemed to hate.

EDIT: I had no idea Damon Albarn was involved. This might be my favorite thing he's ever done (I'm very medium on Blur)

The "Voices of Light" soundtrack that is now pretty much considered the rightful music for Passion of Joan of Arc is one of the greatest in the history of film. It's either this or Suspria's which I consider my all time favorite.

I also am really partial to Michael Nyman's score for "The Draughtman's Contract"

Sid and Nancy has great instrumental passages as well (not including all of the great songs it incorporates)

And although it's been so incorporated into popular culture the strangeness of some of the tracks sometimes goes unnoticed, but the music in Wizard of Oz is still about as top notch as it gets. Would jump all over a vinyl copy of this, which I have never been able to find.

And although it's been so incorporated into popular culture the strangeness of some of the tracks sometimes goes unnoticed, but the music in Wizard of Oz is still about as top notch as it gets. Would jump all over a vinyl copy of this, which I have never been able to find.
Have you seen/heard "Jitterbug"? It was one of the cut numbers. I only know about it because we had some crazy deluxe two VHS thing of the film when I was growing up (basically a proto DVD extras kinda thing) and it had some grainy version of the song over some very fuzzy/grainy footage of dancing to it, which was apparently the best available.

It wasn't as good as the things that made it, but if someone's particularly enamored with the film and/or its songs it's probably of interest. And sure enough, it's on YouTube:

My favorite part is that you can clearly see the guy inside the tree from behind.

Have you seen/heard "Jitterbug"? It was one of the cut numbers. I only know about it because we had some crazy deluxe two VHS thing of the film when I was growing up (basically a proto DVD extras kinda thing) and it had some grainy version of the song over some very fuzzy/grainy footage of dancing to it, which was apparently the best available.

It wasn't as good as the things that made it, but if someone's particularly enamored with the film and/or its songs it's probably of interest. And sure enough, it's on YouTube:

My favorite part is that you can clearly see the guy inside the tree from behind.

I have not!

I'll check that out as soon as I have the chance.

EDIT: I had no idea Damon Albarn was involved. This might be my favorite thing he's ever done (I'm very medium on Blur)
Same, although I really like Blur.

Gorillaz fan? I like, but don't love them. Not precisely my cup of tea, I guess.

And in respect to him just dying, the soundtrack for Kenneth Anger's Invocation of My Demon Brother is incredible. But, much like the soundtrack to Suspiria, is likely to just aggravate less adventurous listeners.

Same, although I really like Blur.

Gorillaz fan? I like, but don't love them. Not precisely my cup of tea, I guess.

I'm a fan of their 13 album (I think that's the name, the one with the painting of a body on the cover)

Parklife has its charms, but I never really find the time for it. Definitely some great songs on it though.

Gorillaz is fine. But I honestly haven't explored them much.

I absolutely adore the mystique in the Fifth Element soundtrack. And both parts of the diva's performance.
I really appreciate it when sci-fi films try to imagine how alien physiology might produce different art forms in those speculative worlds. Reminds me of the thing in Gattaca about the pianist with an extra finger.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The soundtrack to Ravenous (1999). Many found it too weird and/or distracting, but I took to it right away.

My favorite track:

LOVE this movie and I admit that during my first viewing, I found the soundtrack very distracting. By my second or third viewing, I fell in love with it too.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I really appreciate it when sci-fi films try to imagine how alien physiology might produce different art forms in those speculative worlds. Reminds me of the thing in Gattaca about the pianist with an extra finger.
Anybody got that Return of the Jedi band's song as their ringtone? Or better yet: