New user

Tools    

Welcome I'm an old user Glad to have you here! BTW cool avatar, I Iove 1950s b sci fi/creature films, which one is that from?

Nice to meet you.

That one's Harryhausen's '20 Million Miles to Earth'. 50s scifi is a favorite of mine. Got any favorites?

Nice to meet you.

That one's Harryhausen's '20 Million Miles to Earth'. 50s scifi is a favorite of mine. Got any favorites?
Oh crud! I should've known it...and that's a good one too. I like how Harryhausen gets sympathy for the creature especially when it's small. The man was a genius with stop motion animation.
I have so many favorite 50s b sci-fi creature films that I ran a watch group here at MoFo. MoFo is what we call this place

Take a look at this thread here at MoFo
1950s Sci Fi/Creature B Movie Flicks HoF

Some of my favorites are:
The Monolith Monsters (1957)
4D Man (1959)
I Married a Monster from Outer Space (1958)

It Came from Outer Space (1953) Barbara Rush one of my favs.
When Worlds Collide (1951)
I could probably name a zillion favorites! How about you what are some of your favorites?

Monolith Monsters is a great one, it reminds me a lot of Quartarmas. I like how it's about a force of nature, it's a different kind of monster.
Have you seen 'The Magnetic Monster'(1953)? It's similar.

When world's collide is a classic, im a big fan of George Pal, love his War of the Worlds and Time Machine. And Destination Moon was prophetic.

Have you seen 'Matinee' (1993)? I think you'd appreciate it.

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and welcome to Movie Forums!

Monolith Monsters is a great one, it reminds me a lot of Quartarmas. I like how it's about a force of nature, it's a different kind of monster.
Have you seen 'The Magnetic Monster'(1953)? It's similar.

When world's collide is a classic, im a big fan of George Pal, love his War of the Worlds and Time Machine. And Destination Moon was prophetic.

Have you seen 'Matinee' (1993)? I think you'd appreciate it.
Sorry for the delayed response...When it's dinner time I shut off the old computer and run...'The Magnetic Monster'(1953), yes! I seen that for the first time like a year ago, really liked it. I thought it would be just a guy walking around killing people but it really had a well development story that gave a feeling of sympathy for this poor soul who had been accidentally transformed into the magnetic monster.

I love George Pal films. The ones you mention are favorites of mine. I also like his When Worlds Collide (1951) and Conquest of Space (1955). Both of those are a little unusual in their story lines and to me that makes them interesting.

Yup, I've seen Matinee (1993), loved it too! It was specially a treat for me because I'm a big fan of William Castle and had recently watched most all of his filmography. It's cool that it was directed by Joe Dante who had worked with the King of B movies, Roger Corman. @Captain Steel a member here told me about Matinee.

Movie Forums is imo the best board for anyone who loves movies. We have people of all ages (I'm older) and from all over the world (I'm from the west coast of U.S.) It's a small board but once you poke around it's forums and join in I think you'll like it. Hope you stick around.