Martin Scorsese's Killers of the Flower Moon

Tools    

BKB
It looks different and I'm sure it'll be considered for Award season and all because of Scorses's name being attached to it, but not sure who the audience is geared toward and whether it should've just went straight to streaming??

Welcome to the human race...
If it's meant to be a proper epic in the old-school style, then it makes more sense to drop it in theatres (which they'd have to do anyway if they wanted it to qualify for awards). I hadn't even considered who the quote-unquote audience is for this - people who like films, I guess?

I don't know, maybe it's nice not to have movies with built in demographics.

Maybe that approach is why nearly every major release is now just overtly pandering shit.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Hope they get $200 mil to make The Wager.

On Saturday night, Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” premiered to the biggest standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival so far. The 3 hour and 26 minute drama starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and Lily Gladstone — which tells the story of a dark, largely unexplored chapter of American history — connected with theater-goers in the French Riviera. Even after sitting through a movie that was longer than “Titanic,” the crowd was so enraptured that they sprang to their feet and applauded for nine minutes.
Killers of the Flower Moon — Official Trailer

A system of cells interlinked
that would be true cause i always wanted him to win an oscar
Another Oscar, right?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
How many people been waiting to binge Silo?
🥳

Seeing it tomorrow, not looking forward to that time limit after The Irishman.

I'm interested in seeing this, but in the back of my mind, I am kind of of two minds about it. Scorsese is a great filmmaker, and I've liked many of his movies, but this also seems like it could be a bit of a slog, difficult to get through, overlong, depressing, and kind of preachy. Scorsese has said over and over again how he changed the original intent of the script to focus more on the Osage and their experience and less on the building of the FBI story, which was to be the original focus. I think that I might have liked that story better. I think telling that story would have been attractive to me, especially since Clint Eastwood, in my opinion, didn't do that very effectively in "J.Edgar", and I think it's a fascinating point in history. Is anyone else kind of of two minds about this film as well? Like some things about it, but not sure you'll love it?

I'm interested in seeing this, but in the back of my mind, I am kind of of two minds about it. Scorsese is a great filmmaker, and I've liked many of his movies, but this also seems like it could be a bit of a slog, difficult to get through, overlong, depressing, and kind of preachy. Scorsese has said over and over again how he changed the original intent of the script to focus more on the Osage and their experience and less on the building of the FBI story, which was to be the original focus. I think that I might have liked that story better. I think telling that story would have been attractive to me, especially since Clint Eastwood, in my opinion, didn't do that very effectively in "J.Edgar", and I think it's a fascinating point in history. Is anyone else kind of of two minds about this film as well? Like some things about it, but not sure you'll love it?
Yes, my anxious anticipation has leavened to a familiar suspicion after this review, which seems to make some good points:
https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/kill...r-moon-review/

I wondered from the start if Scorcese's choice of David Grann's nonfiction book was made because it was a good story, or whether it was due to the subject being yet another fashionable social justice statement.

The reviewer maintains that the story is not woke but is an overly long display of missed compelling narratives.

I still want to see the picture, what with the heft of the crew involved, but I'll be approaching it with tempered expectations.

The trick is not minding
Invoking the word “woke” as an easy dismissal of the films themes stops one from actually considering the themes and how they might be worth considering, especially when one considers this actually happened.

Invoking the word “woke” as an easy dismissal of the films themes stops one from actually considering the themes and how they might be worth considering, especially when one considers this actually happened.

At this point I'm pretty sure complaints of 'woke' just mean 'why isn't this movie about me?'

At this point I'm pretty sure complaints of 'woke' just mean 'why isn't this movie about me?'
I'm sure the film is "woke" doesn't mean that it's good or bad but it will judged on it's politics (as political films are). Of-Course we could address the repression of ideas and thoughts thanks to the new Oscar agenda. If art has to meant a test of morals....is it art or propaganda. If you agree with the propaganda does it make it okay. The response has always been well for decades it wasn't this way so we have to make these changes in Hollywood for "inclusion".

Even though the film is going to be long and predictable I will still watch it...on IMAX sometime this week.