Dial 'O Destiny getting some weak to unfavorable reviews

Tools    

Crazy how low the batting average is of George Lucas' original stories for the reputation they have. I guess Harrison Ford was too much of a pull to let go, but they should have gone an entirely different direction than just re-hire him for the sequels. High budget Young Indy with the same pulpy vibe as the original films would have had much more potential than taking grandpa to the temple again.

The new movies look especially sad when you watch them right after Raiders or Last Crusade. Maybe Hollywood's top brass is just too old, and they don't see how uncompelling old people are as adventure heroes.

Welcome to the human race...
Part of me wants to reserve judgment until this film opens away from Cannes (seems like they were all but putting it in front of a firing squad by doing that), but it's hard to imagine it genuinely being any better (especially if you want to draw parallels with Star Wars and how the switch from Lucas' self-indulgence to ultra-corporate product is a lateral move at best).

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My cinephile "friends" also didn't like it very much.

I mean, it's a normie series, and I probably couldn't watch the movies from the original trilogy again, but I used to like 'em as a kid.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The trick is not minding
My cinephile "friends" also didn't like it very much.

I mean, it's a normie series, and I probably couldn't watch the movies from the original trilogy again, but I used to like 'em as a kid.
Plenty of cinephiles enjoy the series, particularly the first 3, as well.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Plenty of cinephiles enjoy the series, particularly the first 3, as well.
Not the elitists, noooooooooooooo serieeeee, they don't

BKB
I mean this really should've been expected with Ford being 80 and all and it's merely riding the Nostalgia train a little too long, sort of like the STAR WARS Sequel Trilogy