2023 MoFo Fantasy Baseball: Season and Trades

Tools    

I didn't necessarily expect to be good at this, but I am doing impressively poorly right now.

Jonah Heim: the position I took a flyer on, the player I most thought I would have to replace after the draft. He’s my best and highest rated hitter through sux weeks and I’m in third place. Fantasy baseball is whack!

So, uh, Eovaldi was one out away from two shutouts in three starts (and the other was 8 innings), and he's thrown 25.2 scoreless innings across those three. No idea what he figured out, but if anyone's interested, I have something like five or six really hot starters and I'd love to move one of them for saves or a hitting upgrade or something. Urias and Darvish certainly on the table for the right deal. Webb and Ryan too but fair warning, I'm a total believer in what both of them are doing right now.

Lots of good hitters to package with them, too, for that matter.

....I feel the webbed feet of doom overtaking me. My streakers have struck and are streaked out. 4 months of never ending Duck Dynasty.....again.....

Ugh, Yandy with a bad groin, AJ Puk on the IL, BryRey cooling off, and now Sean is in the mix again too. Competition is overrated.

Ugh, Yandy with a bad groin, AJ Puk on the IL, BryRey cooling off, and now Sean is in the mix again too. Competition is overrated.
It’s such a long haul. Messing with your team every single day can really start to feel like a grind. I’m glad I’m playing again though. I definitely missed it.

A system of cells interlinked
Brutal last couple of weeks for my team, especially my pitching, which can't seem to get their collective ass in gear. Well, today is a new day - onward!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Brutal last couple of weeks for my team, especially my pitching, which can't seem to get their collective ass in gear. Well, today is a new day - onward!
That's the spirit that I need to have! It's early, but when you start to fall out of contention in certain categories it gets rather bleak. Not to that point yet, but by June things need to get on the up and up, so to speak.

There's a big trade offer out there, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round draft players are involved. That's all Ill say

I'm really enjoying all things baseball right now.

Both my fantasy teams are doing either well or okay, and more to the point they're just interesting. Lots of hot starts, slow starts, waiver gems, just fun stuff, whether it works or not. Way less of the usual "if I drop this guy will I regret it all year?" stuff, just at peace with the whole roster churn stuff for the most part.

Watching more baseball than ever with the MLB TV thingy, playing on six softball teams, so between those games, watching games, and the two fantasy teams, I'm just immersed in some kinda baseball pretty much all the time, and when I'm not more baseball is usually just a few more waking hours away anyway.

That, and it's just warming up/getting fewer rain outs, so this is maybe the best time of the year.

And the games themselves are brisk and interesting thanks to the new rules!

Yay baseball.

I wish I could see a game this year. Damn job. If the games are flowing faster than Im all for the changes, LONG overdue.

Yall notice how the preseason rankings change how the season goes on. I dont know if they only improve and not decrease, but even though Trea Turner has been had a tepid start to this season, he is still holding at 4. Yas'!

My offense has overperformed, and hopefully wont be outright cold for awhile. Thinking my pitching is what will keep me in contention going forward as its been mostly on the mend to start the year (Verlander, Gonsolin, Fried, and bad starts from Merrill Kelly & Tyler Anderson). Pretty confident I have the best pitching in the league, please correct me if Im wrong.

Justin Steele (Mine), Eduardo Rodriguez (you read that right, Raulds), and Mitch Keller (Timmah) have been a beautiful surprise to all those that were able to nab them off waivers. I love that about Fantasy Baseball, your season isnt ruined by an injury or bad draft like Football, theres time to regroup, and plenty of talent to go around.

Yeah that's bananas. Tim always aims for high K rate guys but it's at another level this year.

Speaking of, Yennier Cano, good grief. 21.2 scoreless innings to start the year with just four baserunners. That's a 0.18 WHIP. Finally coughed up a run last night, though. Man, the Orioles look good. And they're fun to watch, too.

Trea Turner is on the Trading Block, will field offers. Even though he's had a slow start, I'm not selling low. The slow start is the only reason I'll consider moving him.

Tim’s team has 476 K in 376 IP, that’s nuts.
I just realized my closer Felix Bautista has 45 ks and 23 ip.....thats like 2 per inning. Dayum.

A system of cells interlinked
The Clown goes in the IL, and immediately all my other SP dial in decent to good games on the same day. The Curse of the Clown? Is it a thing? Having to stream his slot at this point - we shall see how it goes...

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I don't know if this will work cursing my team but this is the worse performance from a group of fantasy guys I have ever seen collectively! You all suck team!

I don't know if this will work cursing my team but this is the worse performance from a group of fantasy guys I have ever seen collectively! You all suck team!
Coach? Is that you?