A new Walking Dead spinoff is coming

Tools    

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/05/wa...panion-series/

It's been in development for a year, and have the greenlight. It will be set somewhere other than Georgia. Obviously details are hush-hush.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'll check it out, I just hope it is more zombie than soap opera.

Suspect's Reviews

I know this isn't going to happen, but it'd be really great to see an anthology, Twilight Zone-style. They could do so much with it. Tell a different story every week. Tell multi-week stories. Bring back particularly popular characters. Try different things. You'd be guaranteed a few duds, but a few would be brilliant, in all likelihood. And there'd be real tension every time because you'd have no idea in advance if the story you were watching was going to end right there, or continue on, which is really the only way to give a horror TV show any kind of fear for people's safety.

I know this isn't going to happen, but it'd be really great to see an anthology, Twilight Zone-style. They could do so much with it. Tell a different story every week. Tell multi-week stories. Bring back particularly popular characters. Try different things. You'd be guaranteed a few duds, but a few would be brilliant, in all likelihood. And there'd be real tension every time because you'd have no idea in advance if the story you were watching was going to end right there, or continue on, which is really the only way to give a horror TV show any kind of fear for people's safety.
Completely agree. I was just thinking but there arent any shows like that now anymore. I guess they figured nowadays a continuing storyline & character series draws more consistent viewers, I don't know. Even American Horror Story has the soap opera chemistry (btw, AHS is ass). A standalone horror show would be fresh and awesome.

Not all stories have to be related to the Atlanta crew, but it would be cool if there were some. Off the top of my head they could make a episode about the dying guy they left tied to a tree in season 1, the guy that didnt want to be killed, and allowed to turn. Why not have an episode dedicated to a zombie? From when he turns to when hes killed.

Remember this....

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Amsterdam? Do they herd zombies into the canals? Cool.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I just saw a commercial for this for the first time two days ago. Have they been hiding this, or have I just not been watching AMC at all lately and didn't realize it?

I just saw a commercial for this for the first time two days ago. Have they been hiding this, or have I just not been watching AMC at all lately and didn't realize it?

Aren't there like 3 separate series from The Walking Dead franchise?
I can't believe people are still into this. I bailed when Steve got his head bashed in by Neegan.

Aren't there like 3 separate series from The Walking Dead franchise?
Yep. There's a Darryl Dixon one where he somehow ends up in France. Then there's this one with Maggie and Negan in NYC and one with Danai Gurira and Andrew Lincoln.

I can't believe people are still into this. I bailed when Steve got his head bashed in by Neegan.
AMC is gambling that there's still a sizable fanbase left. And the Negan/Glenn/Lucille episode was when a lot of people decided to quit on the series. A big part of the reason was how the show had faked killing off Steven Yeun's character only to turn right around and have him dispatched in as grisly and dismissive a way as possible. They might have been going for dark but it just ended up pissing off a lot of people.

Yep. There's a Darryl Dixon one where he somehow ends up in France. Then there's this one with Maggie and Negan in NYC and one with Danai Gurira and Andrew Lincoln.
That is in addition to the current Fear the Walking Dead, which is supposed to end this year, and World Beyond, which lasted only one season a couple of years ago.

Also, @Yoda said back in 2014 that an anthology series would be a cool idea, and I just found out they did that about a year ago (Tales of the Walking Dead). Never saw it, though.

AMC is gambling that there's still a sizable fanbase left. And the Negan/Glenn/Lucille episode was when a lot of people decided to quit on the series. A big part of the reason was how the show had faked killing off Steven Yeun's character only to turn right around and have him dispatched in as grisly and dismissive a way as possible. They might have been going for dark but it just ended up pissing off a lot of people.
To be honest, I don't know why people lash against that episode/twist. I mean, Glenn's fate with Negan is pretty much taken shot by shot from the comic, so I appreciate them sticking to that, especially considering how popular and beloved the character was. That said, the fake they did with him previously that same season did feel like a cheap cheat.

Either way, I thought that final episode (season 7) where we meet Negan was pretty cool. I gave up after the next season (season 8), which I had to force myself to finish, and it had nothing to do with Glenn. It was actually the second time I gave up with the show but at this point, the writing had just become an unbearable slog; plus they betrayed some of the best characters with dumb storylines and out-of-character decisions.

I gave up on it when it started to look too much like a rotting flesh version of The Bold and the Beautiful or The Guiding Light. It and other soap franchises went on for decades while the same stuff happened again and again, like on the Walking Dead which started to lapse into that formula a few years back.

No. Just no. I cant. I dont think Im burnt out on zombie fare, but I know Im completely burnt out on The Walking Dead universe. Once they made their main characters untouchable, and the soul searching twaddle that permeated each episode, it just slowly and completely sucked any flair or excitement I had for the series.

That is in addition to the current Fear the Walking Dead, which is supposed to end this year, and World Beyond, which lasted only one season a couple of years ago.
I gave up on FtWD after they killed off Cliff Curtis and kept the other annoying characters around. I've heard it improved since Lennie James joined the show and they got rid of a couple of characters but I don't think it's worth going back and catching up.

Also, @Yoda said back in 2014 that an anthology series would be a cool idea, and I just found out they did that about a year ago (Tales of the Walking Dead). Never saw it, though.
Don't bother. Outside of the one with Parker Posey and Jillian Bell the rest were kinda underwhelming.

It was actually the second time I gave up with the show but at this point, the writing had just become an unbearable slog; plus they betrayed some of the best characters with dumb storylines and out-of-character decisions.
The writing by that time was just got soooo bad. Downright schizophrenic.

I gave up on FtWD after they killed off Cliff Curtis and kept the other annoying characters around. I've heard it improved since Lennie James joined the show and they got rid of a couple of characters but I don't think it's worth going back and catching up.
Yeah, I didn't even get there. A couple of episodes into season 2, I just wasn't feeling it. I think I saw the Cliff Curtis bit on YouTube and, even though I saw it without context, it felt so... stupid.

The writing by that time was just got soooo bad. Downright schizophrenic.
I remember giving up I think around season 5. But then they hyped the Negan stuff so much that I thought, ok, let's give this another shot. Forced myself to get to Season 7, but then Season 8 was just a slog to get through. It was terrible. Everything was just tedious and repetitious, and like I said, characters that I thought were interesting – like Carol, or even Morgan – they just destroyed with poor writing.

You ready? You look ready.
The Walking Dead: They Just Keep on Walking?

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Y
Yeah, that was bogus!