My Netflix DVD queue is empty! I need some good movie recomendations!

Tools    

Judging by your lists section, there's still a lot of iconic films you've yet to see, so that might be an easy way to fill out your DVD queue. I think you might need to be temporarily removed as our 30's Countdown host until you've seen City Lights, since that's essential viewing. Hell, you might have to be revoked of your MoFo membership altogether until you've watched Chinatown. If I could recommend just one film to you, it'd be Paper Moon, which I guarantee you'll love.

It's difficult for me to recommend modern films to you since I feel like you're turned off by many aspects of modern filmmaking, or at least a lot of the content found within them. Mud is one of my favorites from this decade that I think you might like. It's a coming-of-age film that's sort of a modern retelling of Huckleberry Finn.
I also have still never seen Chinatown!
(Haven't seen City Lights or Mud either.)
But yeah, Paper Moon is a great film!

Thanks but I hate home invasion movies and I hate intense thrillers. I don't like feeling the emotion of tension and anxiety while I watch a film. I'm sure those are good but nope.
That is so unbelievably lame.

I also have still never seen Chinatown!
(Haven't seen City Lights or Mud either.)
But yeah, Paper Moon is a great film!
That's understandable, though. Between stopping all those runaway trains and saving Lois Lane from falling to her death all the time, you probably don't have much time to watch movies.

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules
Thanks but I hate home invasion movies and I hate intense thrillers. I don't like feeling the emotion of tension and anxiety while I watch a film. I'm sure those are good but nope.
That is so unbelievably lame.
Sorry that another person's opinion upsets you so. Especially when I was cordial and thanked you. Really dude, you need to get over yourself, especially when I've been nice to you in the past.

Lean On Pete, The Rider, Leave No Trace are recent releases I think you will enjoy.
CR just said on the previous page that he didn't care for Lean on Pete. Stop dozing off in class, sean!

CR just said on the previous page that he didn't care for Lean on Pete. Stop dozing off in class, sean!
Nobody told me about prerequisite reading. Drop/fail

Lean On Pete, The Rider, Leave No Trace are recent releases I think you will enjoy.
Thanks Sean. I've considered The Rider before, but seeing how you liked it I might watch it. I hadn't heard of Leave No Trace...we have a winner! I just read it's synopsis at IMDB and I want to see this, so I just added it to my queue. Excited about it.

Lean on Pete is a nom in the 17th Hof. I wrote this about it:
Lean on Pete (2018)

I liked it, but didn't love it. I could have liked it a whole lot more with a few needed and simple tweaks. This felt like a Hallmark movie, and that's not a criticism. This felt like a Hallmark movie in that it was a very personal story of one determined teen boy Charley and his love for the race horse Pete, seemed like a subject matter of a PG rated Hallmark channel movie. I like those, when they're done well.

It could have had 20 minutes cut out as it felt too long for what was happening on the screen. By eliminating the scene of the two war veterans living in the middle of the desert the movie would've had better pacing. That scene added little to the overall movie, other than to hear the blonde girl get verbally hurt by her grandfather (what a jerk he was!). I guess the point was to say her only place to live wasn't all that great. Too much film footage for a 10 second pay off when she confides in Charley. It didn't need to be an R rating either, as nothing R rated really ever happens, so that feels dishonest to me as it's basically a PG13 movie with a few swear words.

In short, I liked the movie's theme and the actors, and the settings were nice too.

Thanks Sean. I've considered The Rider before, but seeing how you liked it I might watch it. I hadn't heard of Leave No Trace...we have a winner! I just read it's synopsis at IMDB and I want to see this, so I just added it to my queue. Excited about it.

Lean on Pete is a nom in the 17th Hof. I wrote this about it:
Leave No Trace reminds me in tone of a Kelly Reichardt film. I will be surprised if you don't like it. I will try and think of some more. Maybe a Marvel film or two.

Leave No Trace reminds me in tone of a Kelly Reichardt film. I will be surprised if you don't like it. I will try and think of some more. Maybe a Marvel film or two.
Thanks!

I love Marvel

Sorry that another person's opinion upsets you so. Especially when I was cordial and thanked you. Really dude, you need to get over yourself, especially when I've been nice to you in the past.
What are you talking about? I'm upset? This is news to me... What opinion supposedly upset me and who's?

Anyway, I'm actually really happy that you trampled my gifts. Usually when I give people recs I hope they'll make excuses and not even consider giving them a fair chance. Those are the people I continue giving recs to. I noticed you watched Annihilation btw. Anyway, enjoy your Marvel movies pleb.

Here are some movies that have been released since 2000, that you may or may not have watched yet.Some are popular, but if you are like me being popular is usually a negative, until I have a recommendation from someone I trust.

Scotland PA- Sundance entry- retelling of the Macbeth story
Pan's Labyrinth
Reefer Madness-The Musical
Bottle Shock 2008
Inception 2010
Jim Jarmusch-Ghost Dog-The way of the Samarai-1999 (If you are not familiar with Jarmusch check out Down by Law and Mystery Train)
Juno 2007
American Hustle 2013.

Thanks @Diehl40 I've seen and really liked Juno, and I liked Inception too. I recently watched Pan's Labyrinth, I was middle of the road on that one, but I can see how people would enjoy it.

...That looks crazy and it could be fun too, I should watch the original first as I've never seen it.

Ghost Dog-The way of the Samarai-1999...I've been meaning to watch more Jarmusch films. I really enjoyed Mystery Train and Night on Earth and Dead Man too.

American Hustle
.... Been meaning to watch this as I like both Christian Bale and Amy Adams.

Bottle Shock (2008)...Never heard of it, but the subject matter looks interesting! My kind of film and I just added it to my Netflix queue.

Scotland, Pa. (2001)...That looks like my kind of movie! I love those well made, small indie films. I think I'll like it and so I just added it to my Netflix queue.

So that's 2 movies I'll be watching soon and I might catch the others one's later. Good choices, thanks

Thanks @Diehl40 I've seen and really liked Juno, and I liked Inception too. I recently watched Pan's Labyrinth, I was middle of the road on that one, but I can see how people would enjoy it.

...That looks crazy and it could be fun too, I should watch the original first as I've never seen it.

Ghost Dog-The way of the Samarai-1999...I've been meaning to watch more Jarmusch films. I really enjoyed Mystery Train and Night on Earth and Dead Man too.

American Hustle
.... Been meaning to watch this as I like both Christian Bale and Amy Adams.

Bottle Shock (2008)...Never heard of it, but the subject matter looks interesting! My kind of film and I just added it to my Netflix queue.

Scotland, Pa. (2001)...That looks like my kind of movie! I love those well made, small indie films. I think I'll like it and so I just added it to my Netflix queue.

So that's 2 movies I'll be watching soon and I might catch the others one's later. Good choices, thanks

My wife and I always watch Sideways and Bottle Shock together. The only thing they have in common is the California's winery's, but they compliment each other nicely. (If you have not seen sideways add it)

Reefer Madness is great, however there is something to offend just about everybody. The Musical pokes fun at the original so you may let that influence whether you feel you need to watch it.

Scotland PA was a SunDance entry. It is not the best movie, but it is very entertaining, and Christopher Walken is crazy as can be expected.

My wife and I always watch Sideways and Bottle Shock together. The only thing they have in common is the California's winery's, but they compliment each other nicely. (If you have not seen sideways add it).
How many times do you reckon you've watched Sideways and Bottle Shock together? I've only seen Sideways once, but yes great film!

I've only seen Sideways once, but yes great film!
Just watched Chappaquiddick. I think you might enjoy it.