A Quiet Place

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I can tell my old-man sensibilities are coming in...

People who don't know how to talk during a movie. (take out all the bass and lean over)

People who don't know how to chow on their snacks. (granted this movie presented some major hurdles on that one)
Ha! YES! I could hear people breathing 5 rows back during this one! And there's always one person who can't just reach into a bag of popcorn to grab one or two. They have to *rake rake rake rake rake* and handful out of habit, when one raking should have been just fine for a proper handful. Or those two girls that constantly whisper to each other "mmmmhm!" or "NO OMG NO DON'T GO IN THERE!" But is a full treble lispy whisper.

As far as the movie goes, it was a great novelty. I enjoyed it mostly but not sure how it would hold up for a 2nd watching. There were a LOT of moments I asked myself, "why on earth would they do that?" I mean, a lot. But again, the novelty and the thin supply of sci-fi'ish horrors helped balance the annoyances.

3.25/5

*edit*
I may have had the exact same annoying audience when watching Annihilation. And similar story annoyances =\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I really liked this film.

Fun Fact: Platinum Dunes produced this film. Their other Michael Bay produced classics include the remakes of A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Welcome to the human race...
I'll be checking it out. Just saying... last year, the supposed horror masterpiece was "It Comes at Night" which I thought was a huge disappointment.
I did get It Comes At Night vibes from this one - unfortunately, I still thought It Comes at Night was slightly better.

Still, it's a better don't-make-a-sound horror than Don't Breathe.

A Quiet Place? More like "Noisy F#@king cinema!"

Was ok, was told it was good so I'm a bit disappointed. Didn't know Krasinski directed it until the end credits