3. Oasis
4. Far From Heaven
5. Adaptation.
6. The Pianist
7. Hero
8. Minority Report
9. Infernal Affairs
10. The Man Without A Past

And since I'm too lazy to do a write-up, here's 2001 as well.

2001: The Year In Film

1. Mulholland Drive
2. Spirited Away
3. Millennium Actress
4. Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring
5. No Man's Land
6. Amelie
7. Artificial Intelligence
8. Monsters, Inc.
9. The Royal Tenenbaums
10. Pulse

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Quite a lot in those two I've not seen as of yet, though I do plan on watching them at some point. Favourites are Hero, Minority Report, Spirited Away, Fellowship of the Ring, Amelie, Monsters Inc and Royal Tenenbaums.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I wish I could like Spirited Away as much as everyone else. Maybe I'd like it more if it didn't cause me countless sleepless nights as a child.

I've been meaning to watch Talk To Her for awhile, since I want to watch more Almodovar films, I've only seen All About My Mother and Broken Embraces both of which are very good. From your 2002 list I love City of God and The Pianist, the latter being in my mind the best of the decade. Mulholland Drive is brilliant, Fellowship and Monsters Inc are pretty good too.

Spirited Away is good for the most part. But it's also one of the most disturbingly graphic animated films I have seen that was given a light certificate. If I had known the film would feature the disgusting content it does i'd have brought my sick bucket.

Minortiy Report, Hero, and City Of God are good choices from 2002.

What I love about City of God, is that it's gritty and realistic, but it does so without turning the shake on. It has very good cinematography, and the tone of the film is in no way negatively affected. It's an example for filmmakers to follow (Katheryn Bigelow).

For 2000 I'm guessing that Charlie's Angels, Miss Congeniality and Dude Where's My Car are all sure bets!

On a more serious note I'll take a guess at Gladiator, In the Mood for Love, Yi Yi and O Brother Where Art Thou making an appearance. Maybe Crouching Tiger given your listing of Hero, or Amores Perros.

Though Gladiator isn't really a guess, sure I remember you being a big fan of that

Well since Synecdoche is in your top 10 Im pretty sure it'll be your number one of decade. For 2000 I can Crouchibg Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Gladiator, Traffic, Requiem, and Wreckminster.

Edit: Didnt realize M.D. Was in your top 10, so that'll top Your decade list I bet

Well since Synecdoche is in your top 10 Im pretty sure it'll be your number one of decade. For 2000 I can Crouchibg Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Gladiator, Traffic, Requiem, and Wreckminster.
Going by that basis surely Mulholland Drive should be #1 seeing as it's above Synecdoche

Going by that basis surely Mulholland Drive should be #1 seeing as it's above Synecdoche
But 2001: A Space Odyssey is number one, and that has the 21st century in its name! I win

Mr. Minio's right.

2000: The Year In Film

2000:
1. Werckmeister Harmonies
2. Yi Yi
3. In The Mood For Love
4. Platform
5. Devils On The Doorstep
6. Memento
7. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
8. Gladiator
9. Battle Royale
10. Dancer In The Dark

"For across the sun's glowing sphere, slowly, the Moon swims away. And the sun once again bursts forth, and to the Earth slowly there comes again light, and warmth again floods the Earth. Deep emotion pierces everyone. They have escaped the weight of darkness."

A quiet Hungarian village is suddenly awakened by the arrival of a strange travelling circus featuring a hideous prince and a dead whale, unleashing a torrent of destruction and cosmic beauty. Composed of only 39 shots in over two hours, Bela Tarr's film spends ample time exploring the space of his environment. A disquieting sense of unfathomable dread permeates every frame while casting a hypnotic spell over its viewer.

One of the most profound scenes in the film is the discovery of the old man in the bathroom, naked and helpless, amidst the trashing of a hospital by a mob possessed by fear. What could be a more perfect metaphor for the human existence? The film is ultimately about man's understanding of his role in the universe. The arrival of the circus is a force unknown to these townspeople, and the trouble of accepting forces beyond their own causes them to act out of fear and uncertainty. The trouble of life, as Bela Tarr sees it, is realising that we are but components in a vast and mysterious harmony.

1. Werckmeister Harmonies

One of the most profound scenes in the film is the discovery of the old man in the bathroom, naked and helpless, amidst the trashing of a hospital by a mob possessed by fear. What could be a more perfect metaphor for the human existence? The film is ultimately about man's understanding of his role in the universe. The arrival of the circus is a force unknown to these townspeople, and the trouble of accepting forces beyond their own causes them to act out of fear and uncertainty. The trouble of life, as Bela Tarr sees it, is realising that we are but components in a vast and mysterious harmony.
Definitely the best by far. I saw an interview with Bela Tarr about this scene. When asked about this scene, he said that there are two things he derives from it. In part, it's about how there's a limit to human cruelty. Even the dirty, bludgeoning criminals have limits. It's what separates us from animals, and it's overall optimistic about humanity. The other, he said, the cynical view, is that the men had to turn around because there was a wall behind the man, there was nowhere else to go, so they had to turn around. That's a man who's aware of his art!

Memento, Battle Royale, and Dancer in The Dark are all in the elite of the year 2000. Probably the top three actually. I didn't like In The Mood for Love which I watched recently, and TBH don't understand why people love it so much. I've had Wreckminster and Yi Yi on my to watch list for awhile.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Mr Minio's right.
Yeah!

I have to see Yi Yi. Loved In The Mood For Love and Gladiator. Memento is pretty interesting as well. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is kind of entertaining. Haven't seen the rest.

Definitely the best by far. I saw an interview with Bela Tarr about this scene. When asked about this scene, he said that there are two things he derives from it. In part, it's about how there's a limit to human cruelty. Even the dirty, bludgeoning criminals have limits. It's what separates us from animals, and it's overall optimistic about humanity. The other, he said, the cynical view, is that the men had to turn around because there was a wall behind the man, there was nowhere else to go, so they had to turn around. That's a man who's aware of his art!
That's why Werckmeister Harmonies is my favourite of Tarr. The movie is austere, but on the contrary to The Turin Horse and Satantango there's a little bit of hope. That's true there was a wall there, but they could beat the man as well. However, they left after seeing him, so that's why the first interpretation is closer to my understanding of the movie. Even the furious mob that may be seem as unstoppable and emotionless shows mercy. The ultimate image of the skinny and old man wakes them up from some kind of hypnosis or amok, in which they destroy everything. Notice that before seeing the old man they beat another patients, but nobody's screaming for help. It's a silent rampage. The old man doesn't say anything neither, but it's his appearance that makes them stop.