A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Ha! So you're not trying to encourage me to love the hand-chopping scene?

I will say that I am notoriously terrible with titles (thinking I haven't seen things that I have, seen and vice versa), but I feel like Blood and Lace and Blood and Black Lace are perilously close even for someone who doesn't normally struggle.
The only hand chopping I have on my mind is from Microwave Massacre, but I will not recommend that as there's a 99% chance that you (or anybody sane) will hate it.

The only hand chopping I have on my mind is from Microwave Massacre, but I will not recommend that as there's a 99% chance that you (or anybody sane) will hate it.
This is on Tubi, btw.

These are the ones I haven't seen.
Then I think Lisa and the Devil is just what the doctor ordered. Bava directs Telly Savalas! What more could you ask for?

The Sparks documentary is great. And they are hilarious.
This post is violence against me and I demand it be deleted.

This post is violence against me and I demand it be deleted.

I erased the part where I said it was absurd to assume anything could ever be worse than Babydriver, so you can't say I don't pull my punches.

I erased the part where I said it was absurd to assume anything could ever be worse than Babydriver, so you can't say I don't pull my punches.
A punch pulled doesn't matter when you've put a Sparks positive ax in my chest.

I think you need to watch Last Night in Soho.

One could say it makes a hard man humble.

A punch pulled doesn't matter when you've put a Sparks positive ax in my chest.

Whether or not one likes the music of Sparks (they are hit and miss with me, and I get why some would straight up hate them), everyone should champion the sort of band that perseveres for forty years and relentlessly follows their muses as they do. They are true heroes of the creative spirit.
And that is what Wright's documentary gets so right.

Whether or not one likes the music of Sparks (they are hit and miss with me, and I get why some would straight up hate them), everyone should champion the sort of band that perseveres for forty years and relentlessly follows their muses as they do. They are true heroes of the creative spirit.
And that is what Wright's documentary gets so right.
*Harbors the thought, for surely it is better to like things that are unique and ambitious*

*Remembers Annette*

*Puts thought into a sack and slowly, violently drowns it in a bathtub*

If it was worse than Babydriver, it wouldn't be a survivable experience.
That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

So I'd put the odds at 50%.

If you like your horror bleak, with a bit of fatalism and nothing but downers then might I recommend The Dark and the Wicked. Basic premise is a brother and sister go back to help their mom take care of their ailing dad and well everything goes very wrong from there. It has some wonderful tension and downright disturbing moments but it felt like the whole didn't equal the sum of it's parts, I just couldn't figure out what all of it was in service of in regards to either the story or any message it was trying to convey. Still if you like bleak horror films I'd say give it a go, you may like it more than I did.

Okay, so looking at the threads that are getting traction right now is making me want to walk into the sea, and I've finished the 2021 Film Challenge and the Twilight Zone HoF and my brain therefore doesn't have anything movie-related to latch onto.

So . . . . recommend me a horror film and I will watch it and talk to you about it, and possibly criticize your taste in film!

Only dealbreaker right now is no animal cruelty and since I'm a cheapskate, things I can find on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Shudder, or Criterion, (or YouTube *cough*) please! (I also have access to Kanopy and Hoopla via my library and I have Tubi and the free Vudu).

EDIT:
The Deadly Spawn
Manor
If you only want one:

Psycho Goreman on Shudder.

Others:

Satanic Panic on Shudder, Horror comedy.
Revenge on Shudder. More of a thriller. This one gets a little rapey.

Sweetheart on Netflix.

Okay, so looking at the threads that are getting traction right now is making me want to walk into the sea, and I've finished the 2021 Film Challenge and the Twilight Zone HoF and my brain therefore doesn't have anything movie-related to latch onto.

So . . . . recommend me a horror film and I will watch it and talk to you about it, and possibly criticize your taste in film!

Only dealbreaker right now is no animal cruelty and since I'm a cheapskate, things I can find on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Shudder, or Criterion, (or YouTube *cough*) please! (I also have access to Kanopy and Hoopla via my library and I have Tubi and the free Vudu).

EDIT:
The Deadly Spawn
Manor
Evil Dead II?

I think @Captain Terror was asking about a Blu-ray release of Possession earlier?

Looks like there's a new Region B release from an Australian company that came out a few weeks ago.

https://shop.umbrellaent.com.au/prod...nre-11-blu-ray

This looks like it has the US cut as well, which is not the case with the copy I have currently. I don't believe in double dipping, but hope to see that version at some point.

Also, I assume enough people here know, but Vinegar Syndrome is doing their Black Friday sale, which I once again spent more than I should have on. In my defense, they put out a quality product.

I watched one this morning on Prime called The Bloodhound. I don't remember how it got on my watchlist so maybe you're the one that brought it to my attention in the first place. Anyhow, it's mostly a two-man show that sort of plays like a modern House of Usher. And most importantly, it's only 77 minutes long!