The masterpiece that is Body Heat

Tools    

I dont understand how anyone can find catherine turner attractive...her nose alone is a put off for me.
I agree with you, however she looked fine in this one, she aged faster than she should have and that s unfortunate..she seemed less hot in jewel of the nile

It’s more than we can get now for sure. I haven’t seen a decent erotic thriller in years. There’s The Handmaiden, but other than that...
The Handmaiden is so good. Funny and sexy and suspenseful all at once.

I'm afraid I don't have many recommendations in this category.

Movies that I like that could be considered erotic thrillers:

Cronenberg's Crash
Stoker
Three Days of the Condor gets a jolt from the chemistry between Redford and Dunaway
In the Cut
Woman in the Dunes
Stranger by the Lake
Read My Lips

I think that in a good erotic thriller, the sex has to play to the theme of the film or be a significant part of developing the relationship between the characters. And if the actors don't have believable chemistry, there's nothing more cringe than a prolonged, over-choreographed sex scene.

Cronenberg's Crash
Stoker
Three Days of the Condor gets a jolt from the chemistry between Redford and Dunaway
In the Cut
Woman in the Dunes
Stranger by the Lake
Read My Lips

I think that in a good erotic thriller, the sex has to play to the theme of the film or be a significant part of developing the relationship between the characters. And if the actors don't have believable chemistry, there's nothing more cringe than a prolonged, over-choreographed sex scene.
China moon is moody erotic thriller if i can say although the sex scenes are short between ed harris and madeleine stowe

Cronenberg's Crash
Stoker
In the Cut
Woman in the Dunes
Stranger by the Lake
Read My Lips
Great list. I’ve made a note of ‘Read My Lips’ as I am yet to watch that. ‘Crash’ is fantastic in its own way. I forgot all about it when writing the post. It’s just a tad too idiosyncratic to group with others. I feel the same way about ‘Elle’ (2016), which I thought was great. ‘Three Days of Condor’ is excellent, but I wouldn’t call it an erotic thriller. I vaguely remember not liking ‘In the Cut’, but that’s probably subjective. Maybe I need to rewatch it.

[b] I think that in a good erotic thriller, the sex has to play to the theme of the film or be a significant part of developing the relationship between the characters. And if the actors don't have believable chemistry, there's nothing more cringe than a prolonged, over-choreographed sex scene.
Very true. Too many of them go wrong. Although chemistry appears to be an unpredictable thing. I can’t think of too many that do it well, though. ‘Basic Instinct’ does a pretty decent job of framing Catherine Tramell as a sexual predator but she and Douglas did have a sort of chemistry.

I vaguely remember not liking ‘In the Cut’, but that’s probably subjective. Maybe I need to rewatch it.
It’s an excellent movie & book.

Great list. I’ve made a note of ‘Read My Lips’ as I am yet to watch that. ‘Crash’ is fantastic in its own way. I forgot all about it when writing the post. It’s just a tad too idiosyncratic to group with others. I feel the same way about ‘Elle’ (2016), which I thought was great. ‘Three Days of Condor’ is excellent, but I wouldn’t call it an erotic thriller. I vaguely remember not liking ‘In the Cut’, but that’s probably subjective. Maybe I need to rewatch it.

Very true. Too many of them go wrong. Although chemistry appears to be an unpredictable thing. I can’t think of too many that do it well, though. ‘Basic Instinct’ does a pretty decent job of framing Catherine Tramell as a sexual predator but she and Douglas did have a sort of chemistry.
I don t know if you count 1992s Damaged as an erotic thriller, it s more of a drama with so.much sex , with a nice ending that is really shocking

I don t know if you count 1992s Damaged as an erotic thriller, it s more of a drama with so.much sex , with a nice ending that is really shocking
Yes, that was pretty good and a great example of sex advancing the plot.

Read My Lips is a film I feel comfortable recommending, but I'm not sure if it's great. My 19 year old self really liked it, but she sometimes had questionable taste! I do really like both Vincent Cassel and Emmanuelle Devos, and I would imagine it still holds up.

As for In the Cut, I rewatched it very recently after a friend asked my opinion about certain scenes and it had just been too long for me to give good answers. I liked it more the second time, but I liked and do not love it. I had a hard time with how unlikable Ruffalo's character was. I know it's intentional---he's racist and sexist but she can't deny his sexual attraction!--but I found myself frustrated with it.

The best thing about In the Cut is that it graced me with a quote that I cannot stop thinking about: "It's off in the distance. It came into the room. It's here in the circle."

This is another movie that I've been meaning to watch for years, but have never gotten around to it for no particular reason.
I think you'd like it. It holds up pretty damn well for a nearly 40 year old film. Good acting, excellent atmosphere, tricky story...

brilliant is the soundtrack, especially the last scene, how it s filmed, the focus on her face... This movie has somehow managed to bypass the aging mechanism that movies succumb to, it s an ageless classic

As a big fan of noir, it really doesn't get much better than Body Heat. I've longed believed that's one of the best noirs ever, and one of the best overall movies of the 80s.

The storyline, the ATMOSPHERE (the heat became almost a character itself), the acting, the direction, the twist, the ending, everything flawless.

William Hurt at his best.

10/10 film.

Anyone else love it?
yes it s called a neo noir

As for In the Cut, I rewatched it very recently after a friend asked my opinion about certain scenes and it had just been too long for me to give good answers. I liked it more the second time, but I liked and do not love it. I had a hard time with how unlikable Ruffalo's character was. I know it's intentional---he's racist and sexist but she can't deny his sexual attraction!--but I found myself frustrated with it.
One of my favorite movies & definitely my fave Ruffalo movie. Always had a huge crush on him. His voice is to die for.

The book is excellent too as I posted some time ago. The book is somewhat grizzlier, I would say as one’s imagination is needed to fill the scenes.