MoviePass

Tools    

It’s more of a joke than anything but the whole schadenfreudian nature of watching the haves become have nots.

O.k.... I am glad to hear that it is a joke. If rich people did not risk their money, then we would not have successful (or, like Movie Pass, not so successful) advances in how things work. While sometimes rich people will lose money, I will not revel in it; for they are the ones that fund our new luxuries and conveniences.

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
It’s more of a joke than anything but the whole schadenfreudian nature of watching the haves become have nots.

O.k.... I am glad to hear that it is a joke. If rich people did not risk their money, then we would not have successful (or, like Movie Pass, not so successful) advances in how things work. While sometimes rich people will lose money, I will not revel in it; for they are the ones that fund our new luxuries and conveniences.
I mean, critiques of capitalism is definitely better suited for another thread but I will say it’s nearly impossible to make it rich withour exploration. I dig Disney stuff but of course they’re terrible to their low level employees which caused them to be very rich and give us the things we like. There’s a give and take sort of nature to it.

However, these guys inadvertently lost a lot of money by giving people heavily discounted tickets, thinking that they would get rich off people’s info. It really demonstrates just a terrible terrible business model.

So MoviePass's new policy

• 9.99 for the first 3 films and 5 dollar discount for more than that(fine)
  • The new plan will include many first run titles but not all(boo)
  • Suspension of peak pricing and ticket validation (meh)
  • This doesn't effect people who signed up for the quarterly or annual plan(legal)
I'm hoping this survives into October/November because that's when the films I really want to see come out. But I've only got Mamma Mia and Teen Titan's options for this week.

So they basically switched everyone over to the new policy come September 15th I've got to limit myself to the three films a month

So my plan is...

Meg, Crazy Rich Asians, Operation Finale, The Little Stranger, The Nun, Peppermint, The Predator, White Boy Rick before the new rules kick in

September 15th - October 15th - The Old Man and The Gun, A Star is Born, Venom.

October 15th - November 15th - Halloween, Suspiria, First Man

then it gets tough...

November 15th-December 15th -The Nutcracker, Wreck It Ralph II, Creed II

December 15th-January 15th - Spider-man into the Spiderverse, Hellboy

January 15th - February 15th - Glass, Dark Phoenix

February 15th-March 15th - How to Train your Dragon III, Captain Marvel, Us

March 15th - April 15th - Dumbo, Shazam!, Pet Cemetary