Golden Globes: Should Musicals be put in same category as Dramas?

Tools    

I don't like seeing dramatic musicals take the spotlight away from Comedies.

The Musical title should be stripped from the awards and should be categories as either Drama or Comedy depending on what the mood of the film is.

If a Musical is dramatic (La La Land) it should be put in the same category as Drama but if it's comedy or a extremely campy musical then it should be put in the Comedy category (Hamlet 2)

And the same should be done with performances.

This way great laugh out loud comedies like Step Brothers, Superbad and Kick Ass for example would get a fighting chance at winning a prestigious award like a Golden Globe.

If this was done this year Deadpool would of gotten the awards it deserved.

I would also like the Golden Globes to add a category for best blockbuster movie.
That will give consideration to great blockbuster films such as Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

First of all, I don't get what was so "dramatic" like La La Land, but not really the issue...the issue is that if a comedy film or performance is worthy of a globe, it's going to win no matter what other films are nominated. There aren't enough musicals made today to legitimize completely removing them as part of the category and as for a Blockbuster award, that's why we have MTV movie awards and other such nonsense.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
First of all, I don't get what was so "dramatic" like La La Land, but not really the issue...the issue is that if a comedy film or performance is worthy of a globe, it's going to win no matter what other films are nominated. There aren't enough musicals made today to legitimize completely removing them as part of the category and as for a Blockbuster award, that's why we have MTV movie awards and other such nonsense.
The voice of reason.

But there are legitimately good blockbuster movies that are worthy of something more than a bull crap MTV award. The globes and Oscars are absolutely biased against blockbuster movies, so if they're never going to give them an nomination at least give them some consideration and give them their own category.

So I've looked through the best comedy winners and it's not as biased as I thought.
But still there is a bit of biased voting, wtf was with The Martian winning best Comedy?

The other movies didn't have a chance against La La Land. So they should of put in the Drama category with other Oscar heavy weights like Moonlight and Manchester by the Sea.

Why are Musicals in the Comedy category anyway? most Musicals that are nominated are more on the drama side of things.

Why do they even have the title Musical in the award?

Action movies and Thriller movies don't have their own Golden Globe award and there are much more of them made than Musicals, what makes Musicals more special?.

There aren't enough Musicals made to warrant having the genre placed on a award. That's just like slapping the Western genre on a award.

Musicals are more of a sub genre these days it's outdated that they have their own movie awards they're much better as live stage performances than Movies.