Mauser C/96
44.44%
8 votes
S&W Model 29
0%
0 votes
Mini Uzi
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
GREAT thread idea!

Anyway, I voted for the S&W M29. This became a weird gun industry Hollywood relationship. S&W made the gun, but it was not a big seller. Once Dirty Harry became a hit, the demand went up and the gun and the 44 Magnum round became popular as hell.

Now as much as I love the Desert Eagle in 50 AE (a gun I own and shoot at least once a month regularly), and while it is used in a lot of different movies in 50 AE, 44 Mag, and it's jammamatic cousin in 357 Magnum; it is not really that iconic IMO. It is more just used a lot. The S&W 29 DEFINED Dirty Harry, and was very prominent in my favorite movie Taxi Driver. It is mentioned by name in one of the most iconic lines in cinema when Harry gives his speech to a bleeding sh*t bag bank robber. It is most certainly iconic. The Desert Eagle in 50 AE may deliver twice the foot pound energy of a 44 Magnum, but the S&W 29 is a far more iconic gun in film. And it is actually the next gun I plan to buy.

Besides, the reason I bought and fell in love with the Desert Eagle wasn't film. It was video games. Namely Resident Evil 2 and Max Payne.

Also, fun fact. When Harry is shooting the 44 magnum in the movie, the real life gun Eastwood is shooting in actually a 45 Long Colt since at this time 44 Magnum blank ammo had not been developed yet.
I agree completely, but if there is one gun more iconic than the Model 29, it's the M60. You'll find it in every Vietnam war movie ever, in the hands of helicopter pilots (FMJ Door Gunner), ground gunners (Animal Mother, Sgt. Mac), etc., but it was really defined by the one-man armies (John Matrix, John Rambo, many more imitators) mowing down dozens of men at once.

As much as I love RoboCop's heavy modified Beretta 93R machine pistol, (and lets face it, it was way better than the stun gun they used in the abysmal remake ) I have to say my fave is Old Painless.

Ah, yes. I was going to include the Minigun on the list, but I really only stuck to smallarms.

In really life the sheer weight of the ammunition required to sustain a Minigun is impossible to lug around yourself, not to mention the weight of the gun, battery, AND engine. The normal Minigun weighs over 80 pounds, and even the lightweight version (41 pounds) is twice as heavy as Rambo's machine gun. And I'm betting that the ammo is heavier than the gun itself.

So the minigun: Iconic, yes. Smallarm, no.

You think that Decker's gun would have shown up. I guess we can save that for the fictional movie guns poll.
Sorry mate. Real-life smallarms only in this thread. I'd probably make a science-fiction/fiction movie guns poll sooner or later, followed by a iconic movie cars post. Stay tuned!

I agree completely, but if there is one gun more iconic than the Model 29, it's the M60. You'll find it in every Vietnam war movie ever, in the hands of helicopter pilots (FMJ Door Gunner), ground gunners (Animal Mother, Sgt. Mac), etc., but it was really defined by the one-man armies (John Matrix, John Rambo, many more imitators) mowing down dozens of men at once.
The M60 is a great gun. At least the initial one was. But there was a reason they gave me an FN 240L in the Army. But yeah the M60 is great on film. I still opted for th M29 since it was the movie that made that gun popular. Not to mention I got a preference for hand cannons.

Speaking of which, don't think I noticed a lack of Wildey on this list.

You don't want the ghost of Charles Bronson coming back to haunt you.

And I will be here for the sci-fi weapons poll. Even though Solo's blaster is already here...

The M60 is a great gun. At least the initial one was. But there was a reason they gave me an FN 240L in the Army. But yeah the M60 is great on film. I still opted for th M29 since it was the movie that made that gun popular. Not to mention I got a preference for hand cannons.

Speaking of which, don't think I noticed a lack of Wildey on this list.

You don't want the ghost of Charles Bronson coming back to haunt you.

And I will be here for the sci-fi weapons poll. Even though Solo's blaster is already here...
Nope. Charles Bronson is a scary dude.

By the way, I put the C/96 as Solo's blaster since in the West, it's iconic as such.

But it's a different story in China. The Mauser is iconic for being in literally every Chinese war film.

Han's blaster is probably gonna show up in my sci-fi poll, don't you worry.

Cool cool. The Chinese loved the Mauser Broomhandle they made their own copy of it for a while. And it has only become more popular thanks to the most recent Battlefield game. It is like fodder for hipster gun nuts.

Cool cool. The Chinese loved the Mauser Broomhandle they made their own copy of it for a while. And it has only become more popular thanks to the most recent Battlefield game. It is like fodder for hipster gun nuts.
Apparently the C96 is common in Russian movies as well. Weird.

“I was cured, all right!”
Desert Eagle for me!

Castor Troy's custom M1911-A1 it's awesome too!

Clint's 1851 Navy cartridge

Anton Chigurh's air-powered captive bolt gun.

Heckler & Koch Mark 23 used by Solid Snake
Also know by the name of SOCOM

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Can I add one for tv? All the replicas used in Blck Sails.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This reminds me of The Mexican.
Pretty, arent they.

I voted for the S&W 29 44 Magnum, given the choice. But I truly love the Colt Walker 1847 revolvers used by Clint in The Outlaw Josey Wales. Not being a gun expert myself, I went to this site and found out that they were converted to cartridge instead of firing percussion cap and ball because it's safer to use cartridge blanks than firing blackpowder blank shot. Whatever the case, they look so cool in the movie. Here's the site I went to, which may help out in further polls, or not, if you already know your guns, which I only marginally do. But I love 'em! I surely do.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Outlaw_Josey_Wales,_The

The main site page is:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page

Make a better place
Other than Dirty Harry's Smith & Wesson

It's Red Scorpion's (I don't know what the model is)