Mauser C/96
44.44%
8 votes
S&W Model 29
0%
0 votes
Mini Uzi
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Feel free to post your own if you don't see yours in the poll. Keep in mind that these are restricted to real-life smallarms.

John McClane and his MP5 ("Yippie-kay-ay, mother****er!")

M16 w/M203, as used by Alan Schaefer and Tony Montana ("If it bleeds, we can kill it.")

Chuck Norris' Mini Uzis from his everyday life ("Sleep tight, sucker!")

Rambo and his M60E3 ("You know there's more men out there and you know where they are. Find 'em. Or I'll find you.")

James Bond and his Walther PP ("That's a Smith and Wesson, and you've had your six")

Dirty Harry Callahan and his S&W Model 29 (".44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off")

The Mauser C/96, made iconic by Han Solo ("Sorry about the mess.")

Desert Eagle, of Agent Smith fame ("Goodbye, Mr. Anderson")

Model 1887 as used by Terminator ("I'll be back!")

Robocop and his Beretta 93R/Auto-9 ("Your move, creep")

I would go for the Model 29. Actually hurts to shoot in real life but there's not another handgun that makes you more of the bad-ass than the Dirty Harry Special.

Whatever this guy is using.

Ah. That would be a double minigun, multiple-rocket, double-missile, multiple-doodad, Mask-inator 2000.

Model 1887. If the Model 29 is the most bad-ass revolver then the 1887 is the coolest shotgun.

Desert Eagle is overrated IMO. It weighs 4 pounds! That's way too much for a handgun. Even the .44 Magnum, a beast of a gun, only weighs 2 and-a-half pounds, and delivers similar firepower.
On the other side of the spectrum, the Walther PPK is too weak and the Auto 9 is a gun only Robocop could use effectively one-handed. The Uzis are also uncontrollable (of course Chuck Norris makes it look easy).
M60E3 is too heavy and jams a lot, and the M16A1 also tended to jam...so the most practical, accurate, and reliable firearm on the list is the MP5.

The Mauser C/96 is also reliable and powerful but it's awkward and bulky....would rather have the ergos of an H&K.

As much as I love RoboCop's heavy modified Beretta 93R machine pistol, (and lets face it, it was way better than the stun gun they used in the abysmal remake ) I have to say my fave is Old Painless.

The Weirding Modules shown in David Lynch's Dune, though not actually in the book.

The Lawgiver in Judge Dredd and Dredd.

Star Trek's Phasers, especially the TOS and TNG ones.

Ooh ooh ohh!
The M41A Pulse Rifle, with over-and-under 30mm pump-action grenade launcher.

The Weirding Modules shown in David Lynch's Dune, though not actually in the book.

The Lawgiver in Judge Dredd and Dredd.

Star Trek's Phasers, especially the TOS and TNG ones.

These are awesome guns but unfortunately I stuck to real life firearms in this thread.

These are awesome guns but unfortunately I stuck to real life firearms in this thread.
I think really the .44 Magnum from Dirty Harry is probably the most iconic.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
eheh the Small Cricket.

For some time I played on a small combo amp I named "Cricket" because it was indeed rather small but packed quite a punch.

It's fascinating to see those Dune props in so much detail. One thing the film excelled at in my opinion is representing a world without thinking machines, and the impact that would have on technology. The hunter-seeker with its tiny, clock-like moving parts is a case in point.

It's fascinating to see those Dune props in so much detail. One thing the film excelled at in my opinion is representing a world without thinking machines, and the impact that would have on technology. The hunter-seeker with its tiny, clock-like moving parts is a case in point.
for sure, it gives it a Retro look but oddly fitting. And you can see how different Houses have different fashion styles.

I wish Lynch would get back and do some visual treatment [a la Star Wars] to the outdated blue screen. Wouldn't touch anything else though.

for sure, it gives it a Retro look but oddly fitting. And you can see how different Houses have different fashion styles.

I wish Lynch would get back and do some visual treatment [a la Star Wars] to the outdated blue screen. Wouldn't touch anything else though.
Yeah, it would be nice if he could see the worth in it again really. But he's been a bit busy serving drinks in The Cleveland Show .

Yeah, it would be nice if he could see the worth in it again really. But he's been a bit busy serving drinks in The Cleveland Show .
ahah, didn't know that.

GREAT thread idea!

Anyway, I voted for the S&W M29. This became a weird gun industry Hollywood relationship. S&W made the gun, but it was not a big seller. Once Dirty Harry became a hit, the demand went up and the gun and the 44 Magnum round became popular as hell.

Now as much as I love the Desert Eagle in 50 AE (a gun I own and shoot at least once a month regularly), and while it is used in a lot of different movies in 50 AE, 44 Mag, and it's jammamatic cousin in 357 Magnum; it is not really that iconic IMO. It is more just used a lot. The S&W 29 DEFINED Dirty Harry, and was very prominent in my favorite movie Taxi Driver. It is mentioned by name in one of the most iconic lines in cinema when Harry gives his speech to a bleeding sh*t bag bank robber. It is most certainly iconic. The Desert Eagle in 50 AE may deliver twice the foot pound energy of a 44 Magnum, but the S&W 29 is a far more iconic gun in film. And it is actually the next gun I plan to buy.

Besides, the reason I bought and fell in love with the Desert Eagle wasn't film. It was video games. Namely Resident Evil 2 and Max Payne.

Also, fun fact. When Harry is shooting the 44 magnum in the movie, the real life gun Eastwood is shooting in actually a 45 Long Colt since at this time 44 Magnum blank ammo had not been developed yet.