The 2016 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

Thanks for running this, Suspect. You're doing great work here. Keep it up and that promotion is yours.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Thanks for running this, Suspect. You're doing great work here. Keep it up and that promotion is yours.
He could be promoted to running the forties list!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
On another note, I'd like to see a Best Documentary category next year.
That was indeed brought up before. The question was do enough people here see documentaries for the given year to get a good sample.

Suspect's Reviews

The question is: Which Gosling performance was better and which Garfield performance was better?

Legend in my own mind
The answers are La La Land and Silence
or...

The answers are La La Land and Silence
But is his La La Land performance better? I think he's great in it, but The Nice Guys let him show off and command the screen more.

Excellent job Suspect, this looks great! Thanks for doing all the work for us MoFos

Some thoughts for next year:

Harry Lime is right, next year try adding a documentary category.

Please consider extending the deadline for nominations by 1 month. That way you're not running this while Yoda is doing his Oscar Prediction pool (maybe then you can get that coveted banner space), I couldn't get to see all the movies as they haven't been released by Netflix, a month latter and I could have seen them all.

Votes sent. Biggest snub for me is The Handmaiden score

I helped you out. Nominated score and cinematography and I didn't even like the movie.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
- Gonna see Cubo and Towers, so as to have seen all noms for animation
- Silence is still running in theatres over here, so will probably catch it within a couple of days. Same with Manchester and Moonlight, but don't know if I'll have time to catch them.
- Hacksaw drops to Blue-ray tomorrow, so may be that I'll pick that up.

I think those will be what I'll be able to watch. I've seen some of the others, at least enough to get a general feel for the categories, but I'm far from complete. Haven't heard of Honey, I, Blake or swiss army man.

Welcome to the human race...
Some of the overlaps in this are interesting.
I think it's interesting how last year there were no overlaps whatsoever in the "bad" categories (read: overrated, disappointment, worst) whereas this year there was an overlap of three different films in both disappointment and worst (which only makes me wonder who here was honestly disappointed by Suicide Squad and Sausage Party). I only had a couple of overlaps on my ballot but none of those made it anyway (hell, none of my "disappointment" picks made it - now that is disappointing).

I just don't think it is

Think those that like it, like to think that it's complex and edgy. It isn't.

I guess people just like different stuff.
lol at the user with the Frank Costello avatar judging what other people think is complex and edgy

I helped that one. Check it out if you get the chance. It's a great film.
Oh, most definitely. It looks like that and American Honey (and maaaaybe Ouija) are the only ones I really should try to seek out (didn't much like the first Independence Day so I doubt I'll find Resurgence to be a genuine disappointment).

Also, was I the only person to vote for Paterson?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Also, was I the only person to vote for Paterson?
Paterson received a few votes for a few different categories and was two votes behind The Nice Guys for Best Picture.

Welcome to the human race...
I can understand Sausage Party being nominated for most disappointing, especially given that it was also nominated for best trailer.
Serves them right.

Paterson received a few votes for a few different categories and was two votes behind The Nice Guys for Best Picture.
That's a pity. I was hoping against hope that it would be the "low-key character study drama" pick instead of the more obvious Manchester by the Sea (which wasn't bad, but still...so much for trying to avoid having the same picks as the Oscars). I don't know what I find more bothersome, the categories where none of my picks made it or the ones where multiple equally good choices made it.