User Tagging

Tools    

I mean as a habit from twitter, or elsewhere. If you're not in the habit of typing @, you probably won't overuse it like Sexy's game.
Do people really do that as a habit? I'm not on Twitter or Facebook so i'll take your word for it, never seen that anywhere else without mention systems unless as a joke.

Okay, @Miss Vicky. You're being blunt like her now.
After about the sixth consecutive complaint about a feature you already knew you wouldn't have to use, I felt like the window for subtly had closed.

But look at how complaining got the shut-off feature installed quickly. Without those six complaints, it would have waited till April.

@Yoda If more than one person quotes the same post of yours do you get more than one mention? Or just the first one? It's not a problem if it is the former that just popped into my head.

And without being able to tag me in each of them, I would've found them easier to ignore.

So it's a system so good it even helps you not use it.
If you like this kind of torture, @Yoda, @Miss Vicky, @Quills, ENJOY!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Do people really do that as a habit? I'm not on Twitter or Facebook so i'll take your word for it, never seen that anywhere else without mention systems unless as a joke.
Yup, I've used it a few times before the feature arrived. It is a thing and Yoda's mentions are simply catching up with modern internet language and communication.

@Yoda If more than one person quotes the same post of yours do you get more than one mention? Or just the first one? It's not a problem if it is the former that just popped into my head.
One per person, so if two people quote you separately, you get two mentions.

Yup, I've used it a few times before the feature arrived. It is a thing and Yoda's mentions are simply catching up with modern internet language and communication.
Okay. I do know it is a thing but just haven't seen anyone do it anywhere unless jokingly, not by mistake/habit. Probably just doesn't even register if they do though.

Cobpyth is looking at "Modifying Options." He's turning this crap off, too.

I told you, @Yoda -- if you wanna do something fun, music in people's profiles is the answer. Let them upload one .mp3 of a song they love, or somehow stream the music from a Youtube video. I don't know how it would work.

Cobpyth is looking at "Modifying Options." He's turning this crap off, too.
Wanna make a little wager on how many people will choose to turn this off in the next few weeks?

I told you, @Yoda -- if you wanna do something fun, music in people's profiles is the answer. Let them upload one .mp3 of a song they love, or somehow stream the music from a Youtube video. I don't know how it would work.
So, when you said we shouldn't be like social media, you meant "except for early 2000s MySpace"?

Wanna make a little wager on how many people will choose to turn this off in the next few weeks?
Half the regulars of the forum. Half.

So, when you said we shouldn't be like social media, you meant "except for early 2000s MySpace"?
Early 2000s MySpace wasn't social media, though, was it?

I do hope everyone doesn't start turning it off now. I won't abuse it, the Miss Vicky stuff has been just joking around as we get used to it first and i wouldn't have even done that if it wasn't for SC's thread. It is very useful and like Yoda i fail to see why anyone could have a problem with it at least this early on before we know how everyone is going to use it.