Michael Bay's best movies, and why is he rated so badly now?

Tools    

i've seen most if not all of micheal bay movies, i like his direction because he reminds me of tony scott art style in the camera work, and the action sequence filming.
Michael Bay is what blockbuster spectacle is all about, and this shows in his bad boys and the rock outings, certainly his best movies by far. In fact, even in his worst films there is still something to be blown away by. While, at their best, his frenetic, action-packed features never give you a moment's rest and are pure escapism.
i thought transformers was a good return to form by him after a long layoff from direction i would say,predominantly since pearl harbor, a by the numbers historic actioneer, i can't say i didn't enjoy it but yes i can see why the low rating for that movie, not to mention The island which i found a guilty pleasure at least it's half of the film was pretty decent sci fi escapism, let's not talk about the ending, felt it really needed to be better than that.
here's my list of best to worst:
1-the rock
2-bad boys.
3-the island
4-transformers
5-armageddon
honorable mentions(13 hrs the secret soldiers of benghazi)
why does micheal bay have this bad reputation lately??

I never liked him. I remember when I was watching The Rock in the theaters I was annoyed he kept the camera right on top of the action, to where it just looked like loud clutter. The only film I thought he owned and did a fantastic job was the first Transformers, but the sequel was horrible.

Because his recent movies are pretty bland and mediocre? I watched Transformers 3, it's a pretty bland and mediocre movie. His older movies like Bad Boys and Armageddon were much better.

The Bad Boys movies are fun, as too was The Rock... but the rest of his stuff is OTT smash and bang, crash and smash, smash and break, break and crash nonsense.
Transformers could have been great... but, it wasn't.

Welcome to the human race...
Because he's Hollywood excess personified and that makes him something of a lightning rod for people's hatred of the entire Hollywood machine.

Pain & Gain.

I have to return some videotapes...
I think his action is just not really engaging and doesn't really grab my attention when the story is so horrific and the childish humor he implements and forces on you in every single film he has done. I wasn't really even in love with The Rock, I thought it was okay, but nothing to ride home about.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've never understood the hate either. I havent seen all of his stuff but what I have seen I've enjoyed. Nothing like a good baysplosion.

to say he never grew as a director is wrong, it's more fitting to say he grew in the wrong direction, where he used to accent a good story with special f/x, now he makes special f/x movies that he peppers with story where allowed.