Typecast actors

Tools    

The hot villain.
I think it's his voice. He had the Bale Batvoice long before Bale did it.
I'm not sure as well whether he pitches it like that for effect. I saw him at a premier for The Three Musketeers where his voice was much higher and he was calling to his "buddy" Gary Oldman . One of my favourite actors.

Wait...what? He has a non-gravelly voice IRL? I have to question life now!!!!
It happens – William Hartnell apparently pitched his voice down when he became an actor. He's another one who was often typecast, as heavies or gruff sergeants, having been a comedy actor when he started in films.

Will Arnett's voice freaks me out. He sounds like the trailer guy, on steroids snd his face doesn't match his voice! HOLD ME!!!!!
Oh yeah, I remember him in 30 Rock.

Oh yeah, I remember him in 30 Rock.
That's where I got the most exposure to the phenomenon that is that man's voice, and the repeat inner "wtf it isn't anything like his face!!!" yeah I may never get ovr this.

It's a good thing Hollywood hasn't noticed or he'd get typecast too.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
About Jim Carrey...

What about "The Truman Show" and "Man on the Moon?"

Jim carrey can do a lot more than he's given credit for.
I much prefer him in drama to comedy these days. He was great in Truman Show and MotM.

@Dani8 Did you ever see Doing Time on Maple Drive? I think that was the first non-comedic role I saw from him. I too much prefer him in dramas or dramedies.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
@Dani8 Did you ever see Doing Time on Maple Drive? I think that was the first non-comedic role I saw from him. I too much prefer him in dramas or dramedies.
I had to look that up. Doesnt ring a bell, Cat.

I don't think Tom Hanks is typecast at all. I would agree that Gary Oldman is probably typecast, but NO ONE plays that type better than Oldman.

Tom Hanks is often casted as a real life hero.

He is nearly always playing a heroic real life person.

I have yet to see him play a villain and haven't seen him play much fictional characters.

In his younger years he was type casted in comedies now he's type casted in biopics.

Some others that are all ways type casted.

Seann William Scott

Ashton Kutcher

Sam. L. Jackson

Mark Wahlberg

Tom Cruise

Who are the actors that tend to be typecast? I just flicked on the telly to see the perpetual youngster Matthew Broderick (in The Freshman or something - looked quite average) and it crossed my mind. What about these:

Tom Berenger - always grizzled and angry
Interesting...never thought of Berenger as typecast but I guess there is an argument for it...though he was hardly angry or grizzled in The Big Chill or Eddie and the Cruisers.