Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Rewatching this because it reached the finals of the Animated Film Tournament:

The most loathsome of all goblins
Spectre is underrated, it has a goofy final act but overall it's really good. It's the first entry with Daniel Craig that doesn't seem ashamed to be a Bond movie, and there are several great moments of humor. Also Lea Seydoux is the best Bond girl we've seen in god knows how long

I don't know what's in there for me in this movie but I keep rewatching it 4 times a year.

I don't know what's in there for me in this movie but I keep rewatching it 4 times a year.
The Ninth Gate is one of my favorite movies, and yes it is very rewatchable. I think part of it is the wish fulfillment, who doesn't want to be a book detective going around solving occult mysteries and making hot monkey love with sexy demonesses and satanic priestesses? Also the slow-burning nature of it is oddly soothing and makes you want to start a fire and pull out a good book afterwards. It's Chinatown meets Rosemary's Baby, and for my money it's better than either.

There's a quotation from The Ninth Gate I find myself using quite often. "Mumbo Jumbo! Mumbo Jumbo!" Damn I love Frank Langella

The Ninth Gate is one of my favorite movies, and yes it is very rewatchable. I think part of it is the wish fulfillment, who doesn't want to be a book detective going around solving occult mysteries and making hot monkey love with sexy demonesses and satanic priestesses? Also the slow-burning nature of it is oddly soothing and makes you want to start a fire and pull out a good book afterwards. It's Chinatown meets Rosemary's Baby, and for my money it's better than either.

There's a quotation from The Ninth Gate I find myself using quite often. "Mumbo Jumbo! Mumbo Jumbo!" Damn I love Frank Langella
Yes, that would be it. It's so nice to be Dean Corso. I wonder why the low ratings on IMDB

Yes, that would be it. It's so nice to be Dean Corso. I wonder why the low ratings on IMDB
The low ratings are because of the ending. Most people hate ambiguous endings, they want the hero to ride off into the sunset with his lady love in his arms, or at the very least to have everything explained. They don't like feeling dumb.

That, and the movie has a very tongue-in-cheek tone to it that some misinterpret as "corny" or "cheesy."

It's been about 5 or 6 years now, so I was only 14 or so when I watched it. Hopefully I'll like it more this time around

Legend in my own mind

Inspiration for my first marathon on Sunday

“I was cured, all right!”
Ok! It's time for some GitS!

And tonight!

Not excited with the movie itself but TAKESHI KITANO!!!!!!
Can't wait to see the yakuza version of Aramaki!! He looks great!