Your top 10 movies of 2016?

Tools    

You are the second person who has mentioned Wiener-Dog recently. I hadn't heard of it until a few days ago when SC told me my girl Dawn is in it. Got to see it soon.
Give it a try, it was a pleasant surprise. I'm not a follower of Todd Solondz's filmography (only watched Happiness before, which I loved), but this one, while a little worse, was still a very solid effort that I'm surprised didn't get more recognition. But then again, I guess Solondz is niche by default, so whatever.

I thought 2016 was somewhat of a bad year for movies but I cobbled together my 10 favorites. Not in any particular order.

Green Room
10 Cloverfield Lane
Hateful Eight
Hardcore Henry
Neon Demon
The Lobster
The Wailing
Rogue One
Keanu
Nice Guys

This might just do nobody any good.
Moved things around a bit.

1) O.J.: Made in America
2) Silence
3) The Witch
4) Hail, Caesar!
5) Hell or High Water
6) Zootopia
7) Star Wars: Rogue One
8) Sing Street
9) Arrival
10) La La Land

2016 was great year for movies. Top 10 can't even begin to cover how many good movies there were.
Agreed. 2016 or 2013 are my favourite of this decade i think. They contain the most favourites of mine so far at least. 2010 would probably be the weakest.

This might just do nobody any good.
2015 and '14 are my favorite. '13 was good too (my favorite movie of the decade is from '13).

'12 was the weakest for me.

2012 has my favourite of the decade: The Master. I'd agree overall that it's one of the weakest though. Watched barely anything from 2014 so i'm not sure what i think of it.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I havent seen many but I'll try to give this a go. In no particular order except my #1 and #2

Lion
Deepwater Horizon
Dr Strange
Deadpool
LLL
Secret life of pets
10 Cloverfield Lane (The Good Man was soooo good!)
The Nice Guys
Dont Breathe with some reservation
Arrival with some reservation

Must be doin sumthin right
2011 is the strongest so far imo. Tree of Life, We Need to Talk About Kevin, A Separation, Hanna, Certified Copy, Melancholia, Drive, Tuesday After Christmas & Meek's Cutoff are all favorites of mine

Moonlight
Hello My name is Doris
La La Land
Nice Guys
Arrival
Deadpool
Kubo and the Two Strings
Don't Think Twice
Hell or High Water
Moana

My 10 favorites of the year probably look something like this and more or less in that order...

1. Manchester by the Sea
Everybody Wants Some !!
Swiss Army Man
American Honey
Arrival
Under the Shadows
La La Land
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
The Hunt for the Wilderpeople
10. Hacksaw Ridge

Wasn't aware you are a fan of American Honey. Awesome
Some aspects I LOVED others I was lukewarm on... but the overall impression of the movie is great. And the more I think of it the more I like it. It's long, but I wasn't exactly bored. There are passages that feels "less", but the movie has several passages throughout that are so great I completely forget time and place.

Some aspects I LOVED others I was lukewarm on... but the overall impression of the movie is great. And the more I think of it the more I like it. It's long, but I wasn't exactly bored. There are passages that feels "less", but the movie has several passages throughout that are so great I completely forget time and place.
Awesome. Completely get that some stuff didn't work for you. This is what i wrote about it, it's long and rambling but i think it gets my thoughts across - http://www.movieforums.com/reviews/1...can-honey.html

It was my #1 of last year, well so far anyway.

It's been a pretty great year, in my opinion. I've seen at least four films that I really loved and some others that I liked a lot. Here's my top ten favorite films of the year 2016 (IMDb standard) so far:

1) Silence
2) Everybody Wants Some!!
3) The Handmaiden
4) The Love Witch
5) Love & Friendship
6) Hail, Caesar!
7) La La Land
8) Hell or High Water
9) Nocturnal Animals
10) The Nice Guys

Don't know if I shared mine yet:

La La Land
Silence
Hell Or High Water
The Nice Guys
American Honey
Manchester By The Sea
The Lobster
Hunt For The Wilderpeople
The Infiltrator
Fences

It's been a pretty great year, in my opinion. I've seen at least four films that I really loved and some others that I liked a lot. Here's my top ten favorite films of the year 2016 (IMDb standard) so far:

1) Silence
2) Everybody Wants Some!!
3) The Handmaiden
4) The Love Witch
5) Love & Friendship
6) Hail, Caesar!
7) La La Land
8) Hell or High Water
9) Nocturnal Animals
10) The Nice Guys
Did you see American Honey Cob? Probably the movie from last year that I am most curious about Mofos opinions on.

Not in order

Everybody Wants Some
American Honey
Sing Street
Nocturnal Animals
Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
Passengers
The Girl on the Train
I, Daniel Blake
War Dogs

Still planning on seeing Patriot's Day, La La Land, and Lion

Did you see American Honey Cob? Probably the movie from last year that I am most curious about Mofos opinions on.
I did not. I probably will in the future, as so many MoFos seem to love it.

movies can be okay...
I'll make my list in a year from now, when every 2016 film that I'm interested in has become available in my country
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke