William Shatner
0%
0 votes
Tim Allen
0%
0 votes
Jim Carrey
16 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I've been thinking that either David Hasslehoff, Dwayne Johnson, Louis CK or William Shatner would all make for great a host. They are all funny and charismatic people and they can all sing and do theatrical performances on stage (except for Louis)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I can't tell if this thread is serious, or having a laugh.

Suspect's Reviews

That's interesting. I like Seinfeld a lot, more as time goes on, too, so I'd really like to see that.

That said, it's pretty clearly a thankless job, so there seems to be little reason for someone to take it, unless it's a clear step-up for them in terms of stature (and anyone in that position generally isn't considered for it, I don't think).

I think Kimmel did a fine job, BTW.

How did Sasha Baron Cohen, William Shatner, and Stephen Hawking even get on this list? Seriously? Sasha Baron Cohen has made a career out of hiding behind the characters he portrays...no one knows what the guy is really like and I really have no desire to see him hosting the Oscars hiding behind the mask of one of his characters.

Legend in my own mind
I should

The Bib-iest of Nickels
How did Sasha Baron Cohen, William Shatner, and Stephen Hawking even get on this list? Seriously? Sasha Baron Cohen has made a career out of hiding behind the characters he portrays...no one knows what the guy is really like and I really have no desire to see him hosting the Oscars hiding behind the mask of one of his characters.
The last two times I've attended Comic Con in St. Louis, William Shatner has had a Q&A. Unlike everyone else who sat with an interviewer, Shatner would pace around by his lonesome and engage the crowd. Thing is, the man rambles something fierce and has never actually answered a question either of the times I've seen him. The second time I saw him, he opened the Q&A with a 20 minute monologue about his motorcycle and some commercials he was a part of. I remember when someone asked him a question, he replied with: "I can't give an answer to that question. But, what I can give you, ... is a story," then, he went into a long story that had absolutely nothing to do with what the guy asked. It's less a Q&A with him and more a, I'll talk about what I want to talk about ,then, leave.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The last two times I've attended Comic Con in St. Louis, William Shatner has had a Q&A. Unlike everyone else who sat with an interviewer, Shatner would pace around by his lonesome and engage the crowd. Thing is, the man rambles something fierce and has never actually answered a question either of the times I've seen him. The second time I saw him, he opened the Q&A with a 20 minute monologue about his motorcycle and some commercials he was a part of. I remember when someone asked him a question, he replied with: "I can't give an answer to that question. But, what I can give you, ... is a story," then, he went into a long story that had absolutely nothing to do with what the guy asked. It's less a Q&A with him and more a, I'll talk about what I want to talk about ,then, leave.

LOL. I think I like him already. He sounds like Billy Connolly who I adore.

William Shatner is there because I find him funny on the Comedy Central Roasts and I have desire to see him perform on the Oscars stage again with his great unique take on Rocket Man.

I would like to see Sacha switch between all his characters while hosting the Oscars.

Stephen Hawking is there because I want to see him roll off the stage.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Stephen Hawking is there because I want to see him roll off the stage.
That's terrible. Why am I laughing.

I would watch the Oscars hosted by Shatner. That would be hilarious if he just ignored the prompt constantly and went off on a random stream of consciousness.