Films you're looking forward to this year?

Tools    

Legend in my own mind
Star Wars. The only one so far that I am REALLY looking forward to.

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
1. Dunkirk
2. Valerian: City of 1000 Planets
3. Star Wars
4. Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project Staring Daniel Day-Lewis (2017)
5. Call me by Your Name
6. The Papers (2017) Directed by Steven Spielberg, Starring Tom Hanks, Carrie Coon and Meryl Streep
7. Spiderman Homecoming
8. Thor Ragnoroc
9. Blade Runner 2049
10. American Assassin (Based on the Mitch Rapp Series by Vince Flynn)

Awaiting new movies' premieres is good for normies.

True cinephiles await releases of old movies on Blu-Ray OR releases of restored silent films thought to be lost before.
First off, just because obsessors of the medium don't do what you do doesn't mean they aren't in love with it. Second off, how dare you question my bleeding passion for film, you're lucky we're separated between monitors, I would smite thee for speaking such horrid blasphemy. I obsess over ALL things film. I'm still awaiting the Criterion Collection of Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Midnight Cowboy, An Unseen Enemy, and Metropolis.

It's just been a rough year for the beautiful art form so far. I have a gut feeling the best films from this year will come around Awards Season.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Dunkirk and Star Wars, literally couldn't name any others.

Awaiting new movies' premieres is good for normies.

True cinephiles await releases of old movies on Blu-Ray OR releases of restored silent films thought to be lost before.
Spoken like a true Minio.

Movies I'm looking forward to seeing? Very few. Hollywood cranks out piss poor swill and tired remakes by the bucket full. Anyway...

It
The House
Despicable Me 3
Baby Driver

(The Dark Tower movie already looks inaccurate and watered down. Where is the desert, along with Eddie and Susanna? They coming in another installment or did they lump all 7 books on 1 movie? True fans...prepare for bitter disappointment.

Movies I'm looking forward to seeing? Very few. Hollywood cranks out piss poor swill and tired remakes by the bucket full.
Look out for the films from the September to December period.

LOTS of potential to be found.

I've already sen it, Power Rangers. It was seriously that good. I hoped to hell it wouldn't be another campy rendition like the 94 film was and was happy to see that it wasn't. As a lifelong PR fan I got to see something I'm not normally accustomed to seeing: a PR story that actually had a real plot, wasn't cheesy and had real characters in it. Rita was a bit of a kook but otherwise it was pretty solid for a film based on a cheesy kids show.

Movies I'm looking forward to seeing? Very few. Hollywood cranks out piss poor swill and tired remakes by the bucket full.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758810/
'The Snowman' Starring Michael Fassbender looks interesting...

It's from the guy who made 'Tinker Tailor Solider Spy.' Not only does it look intriguing and engaging, but also gut wrenching and terrifying from the 'Sinister Looking Snowman' description. *shivers*

I know that some of these are out already, but these are the 2017 releases I haven't seen yet and am most looking forward to watching:

Good Time
You Were Never Really There
It Comes at Night
Life
Alien Covenant
Blade Runner 2049
Baby Driver
Wind River
Murder on the Orient Express
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
A Ghost Story
The Beguiled
Kuso
The Void
The Bad Batch

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Just two..Dunkirk and IT and I'm not confident It will be any good. It's pretty sad how negative I've become I'm a big time movie lover. Too many comic book movies, too many transformers type movies, too many politically correct blockbusters (Star Wars).

Dunkirk
A Ghost Story
Flatliners

“I was cured, all right!”
Just two..Dunkirk and IT and I'm not confident It will be any good. It's pretty sad how negative I've become I'm a big time movie lover. Too many comic book movies, too many transformers type movies, too many politically correct blockbusters (Star Wars).
This is a Hollywood problem!
The world is too big, the cinema is borderless.
Go watch European and Asian films, they aren't comic book movies and the politically correct blockbuster is very rare.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Go watch European and Asian films, they aren't comic book movies and the politically correct blockbuster is very rare.
You are correct I should expand my world.

There are plenty of fantastic films overseas waiting to be seen, but everyone seems to be blind to the amount of great films near their way out, or coming later in the year, that are released in the US. Larry, here's a list to show you that Hollywood isn't fully immersed in Blockbusters, and that there's so many films awaiting you that you're not even aware of.
Films such as:
The Florida Project
Call Me by Your Name
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
Wind River
The Snowman
Roman Israel, Esq
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
The Phantom Thread
Mudbound
Brigsby Bear
The Disaster Artist
Lean on Pete
The Novitiate
Downsizing
Mother!
Last Flag Flying
Thoroughbred
You Were Never Really Here
The Breadwinner

But you're right, Cinema is borderless, there's plenty of Spectacular Films that are shown around the world. Some of the year's best films aren't even produced in the US. I'm also sick and f**king tired of tedious Superhero Blockbusters that everyone keeps drinking up like kool-aid. I suppose you can say that's one of the many reasons why I try hard to find good movies each year. I.E; IMDB Searching, Film Festivals, Checking out Trailers and so on.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534