Simseboy's Top 50 Films

→ in
Tools    

Gooble gobble, one of us!
15) Mulholland Dr. (2001)

The film that just completely changed my view on cinema, it was also the first Lynch film I saw. I can definitely understand though why people wouldn't enjoy the film, but it's just one of my greatest experiences.

The last 14 films are just the creme da la creme of cinema. I think everyone can agree that these are good films, but who else has had a great experience with these, or if bad, I'm interested in knowing.

14) Amarcord (1973)

I feel like anyone that loves the films of Fellini has a hard time explaining why, so again, I definitely understand why people wouldn't like this film. But to me it's just a great experience, and if you wanna get into Fellini I would recommend this film.

13) The Tree of Life (2011)

Malick's magnum opus, one of my most memorable experiences with a film. The cinematography cannot be surpassed. If you wanna watch a beautiful and philosophical film, without much plot, I recommend this.

10) There Will Be Blood (2007)

The highest film on my list that has come out semi-recently. Possibly the greatest performance of all time, and just a masterpiece of a film.

8) The Mirror (1975)

Tarkovsky is a master, and if you let his films take over you, you'll have a great experience. Anything is great from him, but this is his best in my opinion. Also is just an insanely beautiful film.

6) Eraserhead (1977)

There's nothing quite like this film. It took 5 years for David Lynch to create his first feature film, and it's just incredibly powerful.

5) 8½ (1963)

Fellini's magnum opus, he's brutally honest about himself in this film "I have nothing to say, but I still wanna say it". What other artist would dare to say this, or show that he loves no one but himself? Very powerful film, one of the all time greats.

4) Raging Bull (1980)

It's not a film about boxing, it's about the rise and fall of a self-destructive man. The greatest from Scorsese, and by far the best performance from Robert De Niro.

"That's entertainment!"

Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, There Will Be Blood, Mulholland Drive and A Clockwork Orange = happiness for eternity. Great list so far.