Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Watched 'Super' recently and it was hilariously good

~When im listening to Metallica, Nothing else matters~

N3wt's Movie Reviews New DVD Thread Top-100

Before Sunrise (1995)

The beggining seemed a bit unnatural: a guy is at a train, sees a girl, asks her what she's reading then invites her to have lunch on the train's restaurant and she says yes. Then, after chatting a bit and before knowing each other's names he asks her to leave the train in Vienna (she was going to Paris) and to spend a night together in the city, and again she says yes.
Why do you think this?

Stonehearst Asylum (2014)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Angels With Dirty Faces

Despite its age, film ranks up with the best gangster films imo

Brian De Palma's Femme Fatale 6/10
Entertainingly silly .. but another proof that De Palma makes movies for the sake of the pleasure of making them

I didn't like the changes to the story. They de-dramatized his experience. I find Berg to be an extremely incompetent director.
I haven't read the story. Whether they de-dramatize his experience or not, the movie itself was excellent and very dramatic, never flagging for a moment. It's funny you say that they de-dramatize it, when Marcus Luttrell was the main consultant on the film and very hands-on to make sure they made it authentic. All that said, I had no previous info going in, only after did I check out some of the background. Bottom line, I don't care, it was a great movie and I'm sticking to that.

The Shipping News (2001). Kevin Spacey sucked balls but the rest of the cast was great and the movie was great but in a quiet sort of way. 7/10

Enemy - A- (Mind Blowing)
it's more Mind Boring than Mind Blowing if you want my opinion

I just feeling like popping in here and say that imo, Lone Survivor was awful.

Overdramatized USA crap, like "aaargh I fight for my country, look at me I'm an American see my nationalflag? Right there attached to my back like a ****ing cape bitch!"... Or at least that's how I felt it was. Not in the beginning, but about midway I think it was, after some of the action. And yeah some of those action scenes were amazing, and I truly felt like rolling painfully down those hills. And the movie was shot well by the DP, but that's about it...Americanized hero-look-at-me-********. A shame.

I just feeling like popping in here and say that imo, Lone Survivor was awful.

Overdramatized USA crap, like "aaargh I fight for my country, look at me I'm an American see my nationalflag? Right there attached to my back like a ****ing cape bitch!"... Or at least that's how I felt it was. Not in the beginning, but about midway I think it was, after some of the action. And yeah some of those action scenes were amazing, and I truly felt like rolling painfully down those hills. And the movie was shot well by the DP, but that's about it...Americanized hero-look-at-me-********. A shame.
very well-made and action pack movie with great acting. I also vey like the ending and yes I fall in tears.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Before Sunrise (1995)

The beggining seemed a bit unnatural: a guy is at a train, sees a girl, asks her what she's reading then invites her to have lunch on the train's restaurant and she says yes. Then, after chatting a bit and before knowing each other's names he asks her to leave the train in Vienna (she was going to Paris) and to spend a night together in the city, and again she says yes.
Why do you think this?
Because of what I explained after! Seems strange to me that a Girl falls for that!

Enemy - A- (Mind Blowing)
it's more Mind Boring than Mind Blowing if you want my opinion
Says the guy who thinks High Tension had a smart and well written twist.

Hehe, I'm just effing with ya.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name

A-

Brando is great, story becomes a little hokey, Bernsteins music tends to be over-the-top, but it's a really enjoyable and engaging movie.

Saw Neighbors the other night. Meh. Had some laughs in it, just another comedy that relies to heavily on sex jokes to me. Nothing innovative.

2.5/5

Because it's for kids and this is what kids movies look like in Hollywood.
I see. That clip I posted before is from Starcraft II, a videogame cinematic, it's a game made for young adult males and so has visuals that appeal to that demographic.

Paths of Glory

I want to start by saying, this film is better than my rating. My rating reflects how the film impacted me. It was a great story and set up, it just didn't impact me like other Kubrick films. Great movie though.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Gooble gobble, one of us!
I just saw this extraordinary film which I randomly stumbled upon "Johnny Got His Gun" (1971).

The plot: A soldier hit by a mortar shell during World War I, he loses his legs, arms, mouth, ears and eyes, but he's still alive, trapped in dreams and darkness, not knowing what is reality.

It's asociobendiful.

Has anyone seen it here?

5/5 I highly recommend it to anyone

Unregistered User

Wings of Desire (1987)

Gorgeously shot in mostly black and white moving story of Angels over Berlin.

East of Eden (1955)

Really impressive performance from James Dean and a very strong ending.