Movie Forums goes to 11

Tools    

Well, it's that time of year again. The Earth makes another trip around the sun and Movie Forums inches another year closer to the sweet release of death.

Yes, Movie Forums is 11. Which is more than 10. How much more? Well it's one more, isn't it? Also, this bread is a complete catastrophe.

As always, I must thank each and everyone one of you (except you...you know who you are) for supporting the site and coming back here, resisting the sinister pull of the Facebooks and the Tweeters and the Kindlings and whatever else you kids do instead of post on message boards these days. I've had a tremendous time running this site and it is both deeply flattering and gratifying that so many of you have chosen to spend so much time here. I'll try to keep living up that.

To that end, we're launching a new section soon. I had hoped to have it ready for today, but it might take just a tad longer. It's actually going to look awfully simple and modest at first, but I hope it'll grow into something more. But it's in keeping with all the things we've valued here over the years: real thinking about movies, with a lot of genuinely enthusiastic, non-ironic fandom mixed in. That's the whole ballgame, as far as I'm concerned. Something before snobbery but well beyond the blockbuster-obsessed culture. That's where MoFo lives, even if it does this by putting them both in the same room and letting them plot to murder each other.

You can, of course, expect more tinkering as time goes on, too. I plan to add a few more Lists this year, perhaps give the User Reviews area a bit of a face lift, and find more ways for you guys to organize the things you post into coherent streams and all that. As long as this place is around, you can probably bet I'll be fixing and adding to things on it. There's always more to be done.

Thanks again, everyone.

Thanks. Though I'm kind of disappointed you didn't say "You're welcome" for the third year running. Once more and we've have had another completely pointless tradition on our hands, and you can't have too many of those.

A system of cells interlinked
Happy Birthday Movie Forums!

Glad I stumbled in one night in late '03!

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Nice work Yoda! Thanks for all you do! I await with great anticipation the new section, whatever it may be.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
Yaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooo!
How great an honor it is to be apart of such a kick-ass community with such awesome staff.
Happy Birthday!

Amusingly, I actually didn't think of it until I started to post the thread. I was going to make some other completely different joke, but when it hit me it was clearly the way to go.

This is an awesome forum you got here, Yoda. Congratulations, and Happy Birthday to MoFo.

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!