HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY, Movie Forums!

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
On July 14, Movie Forums celebrates its TENTH anniversary!

Our dear Yoda, at the tender age of 15, started this place we fondly call home, and he has resisted offers to buy the place out from under our feet. And, for that, we are grateful. The place just wouldn't be the same with anyone else tinkering around under the hood.

In honor of this auspicious occasion, and to honor Yoda's selfless giving to this site over the past decade, I personally offer this video in recognition of his sacrifices.... (Be sure to watch the whole thing, which includes a cool little verbal routine they do only onstage live, at just before the four-minute mark.)

&feature=PlayList&p=6F59FD244E94ED07&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=34

Congrats, Yoda, on ten years of movie site goodness. Here's to many more decades with you at the helm!

As a more tangible thank-you, Yoda, I'll be putting my MoFo bumper sticker on my new car right on the tenth anniversary on Wednesday and will post a picture here!

C'mon, gang! Show Yoda the love!

Yoda, although I have only been here just over a month of the 10 years I can see that you have put in a ton of work to make this site the premiere Movie site on the internet. Congratulations on all the success of this site and I hope to be around for it's 20th Anniversary.

Thanks very much for your hard work and dedication. This is truly one of the best forums I've seen! I'd also like to personally thank you for our - (sometimes heated) discussions - though I still maintain that there is no such thing as a truly bad movie, even if there are a lot of them that I hate.

Happy Birthday and junk.

I honestly don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to start a movie forum. Who wants to sit around in their underpants on their computer and talk movies? Well, I suppose I do. And I would highly suggest it to all.

What's weird to me is the fact that it didn't occur to me to do it sooner. The underpants thing is never a problem. I'm in my underpants right now as a matter-o-fact, No, I mean coming to a site like this, silly!

What was I talking about? Oh, yeah. Movieforums.com is the bees knees. In honor of this occasion I've written a little poem.

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Movieforums.com is really great!

I think for your next big site upgrade you need to implement an accent feature so that when I read a post from one of our MoFo's from across the pond; I read it in an English accent. Not only would I then be in even more awe of the British than I already am because of their wonderful accents but perhaps then, I could practice said accent in my own posts. Just a thought, you can do it or not. I'll be right here in case you need some other fresh ideas for this place.

More to follow, I'm sure...

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I love this place. It really is a shame that I didn't find it sooner. But I'm sure that I will be around for awhile! Keep up the good work, Yoda!

In the Beginning...
Hey Chris,

In the six years that I've been a MoFo, I've felt like a part of more than just an Internet forum. This really is a tight-knit community of people who enjoy each other's online company as much as ranting and musing over the Web. It seems like that's always been the case here, and I think that's a major credit to you.

Your devotion to this place is evident. I've seen the constant tweaking and refining, the added perks (Oscar Chat anyone?) and the resolve to keep MoFo running on your own terms... which is to say, that which will make everyone's daily experience here both fun and memorable.

I've been a member of many forums over the years, and this is the only one I've never grown tired of or left. And I can say you're easily the best administrator I've known, simply for your sheer love of this project and all who have become a part of it. Kudos as well to the wonderful team of moderators here who share that dedication to keeping this site one of the best around.

So here's to 10 more. Because as long as MoFo is around, so will I be. Thanks for everything you guys do.

Chris, you've created an excellent movie forum and one of the main reasons it is so excellent (yeah, I used that word twice in the same sentence) is because of the attention you pay to it. Always there to help out, always there with some cool new feature, always there. The site really is one of a kind on this here internet. Here's to ten more years, buddy! Heck, here's to fifty more! Thanks for Mofo.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I've just got to thank you for creating this great site and sticking with it all these years. This is first forum I'd ever signed up for, and then when I joined others, they didn't even compare! I love this place and all the MoFos, as I know we all do You guys have helped me learn a lot in the last year or so. I have so much fun here, and I hope you know, Yoda, it's appreciated.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

That's from me to you.

Congrats, big time buddy.

I must say, I have also been a member of many online communities and this has to be not only my favourite, but the closest to an online family anyone can get. Hell I even consider Jrs the annoying brother in law.

Seriously though, this place is 75% why I go on the internet. The other 25% consists of Facebook, IMDB and surfing. I really do appreciate the second chance you gave me here and I think was was able to prove myself and have become a member of the family. This place and the people here have introduced me to movies I would never dream of watching (out of no interest or simply never hearing about them).

For instance, Destiny got me to watch The Changeling. A film I never heard of before and probably would never give the light of day, I ended up loving it. Giving me the opportunity to showcase my top 100 favourite films and my bottom 100 worst list. A reviews section for me to write, all because of this site.

This is a place for me to let my opinions about movies be heard and actually get some good feedback on films. Heated discussions with John McClane over the merits of Live Free Or Die Hard. Constantly poking fun at Lennon for his inexperience at watching good movies, yet yearning to know more or the total disagreement with just about everything that Meatwad watches. Holden and Mark F giving insight to films from their vast knowledge of about everything. Iro and his smart ass remarks. There are tons of cool people here like Sedai, honeykid or my fellow Canadian Harry Lime. There are too many people to mention, if I missed you it's because it's 12:16 AM here and I need to wake up in 4 hours.

Yoda, this is all because of you and your hard work and dedication to this site, keeping it running and giving us an excuse to come back on the internet every day.

I want to thank you for providing a second home for me and giving me the opportunity to open up my life to others, regarding my school, career, girlfriend and to let others have the opportunity to do the same.

I've only been here for 5 of those 10 years, but I will be here till the end, which I hope is in no sight.

Cheers mate,

Matt.

Suspect's Reviews

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Happy 10th Anniversary, Oh-He-Who-Has-Grown-So-Wise-Beyond-His-Original-15-Years!!!!

Congratulations on 10 years, Chris. How much does this place mean to me? Well, if it wasn't for this site, I may never stop playing Football Manager 2010.

Seriously though, I'd just like to tell you that you've created and maintain one of the most treasured things in my life. I love this place. If I created a movie site, I'd want it to be as much like this one as possible... Only with more Drew, of course.

You, sir, are the best and I hope you continue with it for as long as humanly possible.

Yoda, although I have only been here just over a month of the 10 years I can see that you have put in a ton of work to make this site the premiere Movie site on the internet. Congratulations on all the success of this site and I hope to be around for it's 20th Anniversary.
I really couldn't have put it better myself, Yoda. I've been here, what, three weeks? So I'm not sure I'm really in any position to comment here, and I'm certainly sure that my words won't carry as much meaning as some of the members who've been here for years. But I want you to know what you do every day to maintain this site is truly appreciated.

Movieforums.com is already my favorite place on the web. I've dabbled in a few other movie forums over the last few years, but none of them have come close to the quality of this site or the level of discourse contributed by its members. I love the variety of film lovers in this community, from the young people who have just discovered the wonders of cinema, to the old film lovers who can contribute intelligently on any type of movie; from the film buffs sitting at home watching DVD's to the professionals working in the industry. I love how it's possible to move from one thread where I can talk about an obscure Swedish film that someone else out there has actually heard of and enjoyed, to another thread where I can replace the words of a movie title with sausage. I love reading other people's Top 10 lists, their movie reviews, and their Top 100 threads. I love the other helpful members here, like Destiny and Holden Pike, I love the movie savants, like mark f and Holden, I love the Shoutbox, I love everything!

In maintaining this site, you have done a great job in just about every respect-from its great layout and features to the effort you give to responding to everyone's comments, to insightful posts you have written, to so much more. Congratulations on ten years of excellence.

And thank you, Austruck, for making this thread so I had an appropriate place to tell Yoda what an awesome master jedi he is.

Seriously thank you for this forum it's amazing even though I am here since 2006 which is wow 4 years but I am having a good time connecting with people who share the same passion as me-Movies Keep up the good work Chris

Happy 10th anniversary