HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY, Movie Forums!

Tools    

Though I honestly can't fathom why we're celebrating such a COLOSSAL time-drain. If there's a way to tell how many hours I've actually been logged onto this site over the years, please do not ever tell me. Figuring a very conservative estimate of five minutes per each post I've made (which is WAY low, I'm sure) that's nearly 83,000 minutes, or about fifty-seven full days. And Jeebus help me, I know that is EXTREMELY conservative. It's easily three or four times that.

So thanks, Yoda, for forcing me to spend an obsessive amount of time here. Why couldn't it just have been another lame-ass site that faded away? Nooooooo, you had to keep tweaking the design to make it ever more user-friendly and keep attracting an ever evolving interesting mix of other time-wasting idiots who want to talk movies.

So on second thought, up yours, MoFo.

wuv,
Holden
you are just like a internet version of House-truly a genius when it comes to movies but still an *******

Wow, not only is today the 10-year anniversary, but we just broke the site's all-time record for posts in a day! Couldn't be more poetic. Thank you all over again, guys.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Wow, not only is today the 10-year anniversary, but we just broke the site's all-time record for posts in a day! Couldn't be more poetic. Thank you all over again, guys.
You're welcome.

A quick addendum: I just mentioned this in The Shoutbox, but we didn't just break the single-day post record, we shattered it. The record was over 5 and a half years old, and the new record's more than 15% higher. Yowza.

[Holden] you are just like a internet version of House-truly a genius when it comes to movies but still an *******.
I also walk with a cane and am addicted to pain meds.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Awesome nice on everyone

Quick update: in addition to the new single-day post record, we set a new record for posts in a single week, and we're on pace to demolish the record for most posts in a given month.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Quick update: in addition to the new single-day post record, we set a new record for posts in a single week, and we're on pace to demolish the record for most posts in a given month.
This is so cool Well done everyone

Wow, I am late...

Thanks Yoda, you've always been helpful and in a timely manner too
This is a wonderful site and the only forum I've ever enjoyed.

So, I already posted this on Twitter, but, uh, you know that post record we set on the 14th/the anniversary? It's kinda broken already. Though hust barely.

Also, we broke our all-time monthly post record this month with several days to spare, so the next mark's going to go flying past it.